Map markers not showing up on Map View

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Map markers not showing up on Map View

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    2hardworkerz
    Participant

Hi, calendar seems to be working fine switching between list, day, week, and month. When I choose the MAP option, NO markers show up… the wheel on the screen just keeps spinning. There is a google map picture that indicates where each venue is within each individual post, however, when I switch to MAP view NO MARKERS show up on the main map. Any suggestions?

Barry

Hi!

It looks like there is some sort of conflict, possibly because your theme or another plugin is also using the Google Maps API. The first step here is to figure out if it is indeed your theme that is doing this or if it is a plugin (and determine which plugin if so).

Would it be possible for you to run through our standard troubleshooting steps and try to determine this?

Thanks!

2hardworkerz
    Participant

We didn’t build my own website or install the themes or plug ins, we are newbies at the whole WordPress (or any) website thing and are trying our best to enter content since it was handed over to us. Tried deactivating the Leaflet Maps Marker (the only plugin I saw that mentioned maps) but the only change noticed was that we now had a map of the Guinea Gulf – still with no markers **panic!!** so we reactivated and tried again. Same thing – no markers on the map. Afraid to change anything on our own so we will hand this info over to our web designer and let you know if we get anyplace. Thanks!

Barry

OK, that sounds like the best course of action here.

Do bear in mind that the conflict – if there is one – could be with a plugin (or with some code inside your theme) which is not itself directly interested in maps or mapping functionality, so though initial testing with the Leaflet Maps Marker plugin was definitely a good step it also is well worth doing some broader troubleshooting.

What I’ll do is leave this thread open for the time being and if you or your designer have any further questions about this problem please feel free to ask ๐Ÿ™‚

2hardworkerz
    Participant

Going through my designer is a dead end. Looks like I am on my own on this one. Is there any danger (losing information, etc) in deactivating and reactivating the other plug-ins? I only have 5 or 6 total as far as I can tell but am really scared. Can anything go wrong in this process? I would REALLY like this to end successfully. I am desperate. Have even considered elance and odesk but would rather get help here since you guys are the most knowledgeable about ECP. Don’t know where else to turn. Thanks!

Barry

I’m sorry your designer is unable to assist.

There’s always a risk and though the odds are everything will be fine we would always recommend making a backup – and, ofย  course, understanding the process for restoring that backup.

There are a wide range of plugins that can help with this process. I don’t have any specific recommendations but you can see some of the possibilities here:

wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=backup

Other than that, an alternative is to create a test site so your live site isn’t impacted at all. This can be as easy as creating a fresh WordPress installation in a sub-directory (then add only our plugins initially and see if everything works as expected) – many hosts make this almost a one-click process, so that could be worth considering, too ๐Ÿ™‚

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Map markers not showing up on Map View’ is closed to new replies.