Losing filters after a page refresh

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Losing filters after a page refresh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    globemedia
    Participant

Hi,
    I am using the horizontal version of filter bar to filter Event Category, Organizers, Tags and Venues. After I check off any filter choices and I get my results, refreshing the page (or pasting the URL into a new window), causes me to lose some filters (specifically Venues and Organizers). Any idea what might be causing this how I can eliminate it? Thanks.

globemedia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

globemedia
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Hmm, I can not see your previous reply (I’m logged in) due to it being “marked as private”? As an addendum to my issue, I’ve noticed that filtering by Organizer or Venue and refreshing the page causes no problems. Only when filtering by event category or tag do the “organizer” and “venues” filter drop downs disappear from the page (along with their selections). Thanks.

Barry

I do apologize, there are some quirks with our current set of support tools – but let me re-post:

Hi! I’m sorry you are hitting difficulties here.

I can definitely see the issue on your site, but for whatever reason it isn’t something I’ve been able to replicate locally. Can you indicate if you tried the following troubleshooting steps and what the outcome was if so?

• Please ensure The Events Calendar, Events Calendar PRO and Filter Bar are up-to-date
    • Deactivate all other plugins
    • Switch to a default, unmodified theme like Twenty Twelve
    • Test to see if the problem remains

If that resolves this, can you begin reactivating each component and see if anything in particular seems to trigger it?

Thanks!

globemedia
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    I just tried the troubleshooting steps (only 3 active plugins, 2012 theme) with no luck. The same behaviour persists. Any other clues as to what is preventing <div id=”tribe_events_filter_item_organizers”> and
    <div id=”tribe_events_filter_item_venues”> from appearing on the page when either “Event Category” or “Tags” are filtered? I also added “Cost”, “Day” and “Time” to the filter bar, as well as re-ordering the filters, but that does not affect things.

Barry

I’m not sure – it’s not something I can replicate.

Either here or on another testing/dev site would it be possible to temporarily put things in the state you just descibed (no other plugins, only a default and unmodified theme) so we can inspect it under those conditions?

globemedia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

No problem – thank you – I can now replicate this (and should have caught on to this earlier) but it seems particular to using checkboxes for categories. We’ll get this logged and look into producing a fix as quickly as we can.

Thanks for your patience!

globemedia
    Participant

I just logged in to the demo site (link above), and changed Event Category to use a dropdown instead of checkboxes. No change – filters still disappear on refresh. This is major issue for my site – I need users to be able to generate and share filtered event lists.
    Can you provide some info on a possible bug fix release, hot fix, quick and dirty hack, etc?

Barry

If you enable the Use Javascript to control date filtering option (in the General Events Settings page) you will probably limit the number of times most users hit up against this and/or you could switch the category selection to be a dropdown instead of checkboxes/radios/multiselect …

I appreciate neither may be ideal, but they might make it easier to tolerate this until we get this fixed in an upcoming release.

globemedia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

globemedia
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Apologies, Boris: that shouldn’t have been marked private at all (and the fact that you cannot see the reply is a bug in our forum software we hope to address shortly). I’ll re-post below.

As it stands, one can not use the filter bar and refresh the page or share the URL without the filter bar breaking.

Yes, I appreciate that. What I meant was that it could limit the number of times users bump up against this – I didn’t mean that it would resolve it entirely and indeed it will not solve issues where the URL is shared and used to load the page directly.

What I’m hoping for is a quick hot fix, and/or re-assurance that this is viewed a major issue and some sort of a reasonable time frame for a fix is given. As you can imagine I have various pressures on my end to resolve this ASAP.

We definitely appreciate that and yes, we’re treating this seriously. Nonetheless we do have a release schedule we strive to stick to (approximately one release each month) and the practical reality, to be upfront, is that it will not make the very next release as that is in the final stages of preparation. However, it’s a high priority for us and ought to make the subsequent release.

Once again we’re sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Losing filters after a page refresh’ is closed to new replies.