Losing custom po/mo files after Events Calendar plugin update

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Losing custom po/mo files after Events Calendar plugin update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Barbara
    Participant

Hi guys,

As validator for the Dutch translations for your plugins, I have validated quite a lot of strings. Some even a few weeks ago. For instance, I translated one particular instance to the correct version BEFORE the v4 upgrade and it was approved before the v4 upgrade as well.

After the v4 upgrade, the incorrect translation was active again. I reuploaded the latests mo/po files from http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/ and it was fixed again. Same process happened when updating to 4.01 and 4.02.

Are approved/validated translated strings not taken into account when upgrading to a new version? Even when they have been added/changed many many weeks ago? For now, I know the process and reupload the mo/po files every time, but many other users might not be as flexible.

Is this just me, or do you see some logic to my rant? 😉
    Hans

Geoff

Hey Hans,

You know, they should be  but it’s possible we left them out when packaging things up. I’ll connect with the dev team to make sure we’re doing our part to keep things synced up on release.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Since your reply, both 4.03 and 4.04 updates included the updated mo/po files instead of the old ones!
    Thanks for your help in fixing this.

Hans

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Be advised though… I installed Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus yesterday and its mo/po files were greatly outdated! A string that was added on October 14 2015 was not included in the mo/po files of the latest update… and I’m sure that Event Tickets 4.04 was definitely released much later than October 14…

Can you please advise the teams to keep the mo/po files updated in each new release/current downloadable versions?
    Much appreciated,
    Hans

Geoff

For sure, you got it! Thanks for the heads up, Hans.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Losing custom po/mo files after Events Calendar plugin update’ is closed to new replies.