Location?

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Location?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carolina
    Participant

Greetings!

How do I add location (for any place)? It is missing from the filter. It’s extremely important.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi Carolina,

So is this in relation to Filter Bar? There should already be a venue filter, so long of course as you have some venues set up.

If you could provide a link to your site, by private reply if you prefer, it might give me a better picture of the problem.

Thanks!

Carolina
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

I’m sorry it hasn’t been going smoothly – but thanks for providing your URL and the other details about what you are trying to achieve.

So the primary hurdle seems to be letting people find events in or near their location: there are a few ways you could go about this, including some clever use of categories and tags (and you already seem to be using categories within Filter Bar for this purpose).

For true geographic searching, however (ie, where a visitor can specify “New York” or some other placename and find events taking place in that vicinity), you would really need Events Calendar PRO which ships with some pretty neat geolocation functionality for just that purpose.

Otherwise, a customization or smart use of categories as you are already doing is probably the best way to go 🙂

Does that help/clarify things at all?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Location?’ is closed to new replies.