Location Search Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Location Search Not Working

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Brook
    Participant

That is very astute of the theme dev. They are correct, that is missing from your page and is undoubtedly the reason for this not functioning properly. I am a bit surprised that the rest of the calendar is working.

It sounds like your theme dev has some ideas specific to the theme that might be causing this. I would like to throw one more in the ring. Go to WP Admin > Events > Settings > Display, and try changing the Events Template drop down to a different setting then clicking save. You might try them all. This will change the way the calendar appears on the front end, so keep an eye out if you think those changes are for the better or not. It might also make the calendar function worse. But, if so it is not hard to switch back.

I hope you had an awesome weekend. Let me know if there is anything else. If you do not mind sharing the solution your theme dev found if that works for you, then other users of the Theme Foundry’s Make theme can have it as well. Cheers!

– Brook

persyst
    Participant

I tried switching between all three templates (Default Page, Default Events and Builder), but I’m still getting the hashtag return as before.

Do you know what page or code of the Calendar I should screenshot to show the theme Dev with regards to what he’s saying below?

“Perhaps you could even just send me a screenshot of the edit page screen so I can see how it is set up.”

Brook
    Participant

I really have no idea. It is a bit puzzling that a theme or page setting was designed that would strip tags like this. No doubt the behavior is very unintended.

I hate it when I need support and find myself between two worlds of support techs who have no idea about how the others service functions. I am sorry you are there right now. I am racking my brain to try and come up with a solution without actually understanding the other service and thus why this is happening. One way that would help fix this would be to create a Page Template based on the current one (copy and paste it). Then wrap the content area with a <div id=”tribe-events”>. I am not sure if you are familiar with that process. Generally it is best done via a Child Theme. Of course if you are not familiar, waiting to see if the theme dev has an idea is probably the best option.

Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a spell without a response I am going to archive it. If you do need anything else please feel free to open a new topic. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Location Search Not Working’ is closed to new replies.