Location items too limited

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Location items too limited

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ruud
    Participant

Hi,

I´m using The Events Calendar to allow people to search for the approximately 1000 (weekly recurring) events. I just purchased the filter bar to allow people to filter for 1. day of the week, and 2. location (title). The former works, the latter does not as the filter doesn´t show all events, just the first …100 or so?

Any advise (besides not using it at all)?

Kind regards,
    Ruud de Keijzer

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ruud,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Would you mind sending a link over to your site where I can take a closer look at this one?

Thanks!

Ruud
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Here goes: http://www.cvah.nl/markten/categorie/markten/
    It´s all in Dutch…

Check the left bar, where it says Locatie
    The Locations stop at the town called Goes, but there are many more town/cities in the database.

Regards,
    Ruud

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ruud,

I get what you’re saying now. The issue here isn’t with the results getting limited, it is a limiting of the options available for the location filter.

I took a look at our core files there and it looks like we have a limit on the query for pulling the options for the filters. Unfortunately there doesn’t appear to be a way to filter out this limitation so currently the best option (and this is something we almost never suggest) would be to modify the core file for the Filter Bar plugin ( src > Tribe > Filters > Venue.php) and increase the “posts_per_page” limit that is added to the query there.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Ruud
    Participant

Hi Josh,
    I cant find any Venue.php in the WordPress plugin editor.
    I can only spot this file:
    the-events-calendar-filterbar/the-events-calendar-filter-view.php
    and a txt file (the-events-calendar-filterbar/readme.txt)
    Also the standard Events Calendar and Calendar Pro dont contain a venue.php.

Actually, reading in the forementioned readme.txt file, it says somewhere:
    ¨Distance Filter (PRO only, frontend)¨
    But, I dont have this feature in the Calendar settings….which makes me wonder if I have all the files installed…

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
    Ruud

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ruud,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Are you using the editor built into the WordPress dashboard under the “Plugins” menu item? If so, that doesn’t always give access to the nested folders of the plugin so the different files may not be visible there. Do you have a way to access the files via FTP? If not, you can try downloading a fresh version of the plugin, modifying that file, and then uploading a new zip to your site.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Ruud
    Participant

Hi Josh,

I managed to change the number via FTP. From 200 to 5000…
    Thanks for your prompt help. Really appreciated!

Regards,
    Ruud

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ruud,

No problem! Happy to help.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Location items too limited’ is closed to new replies.