Linking to specific filters…

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Linking to specific filters…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike Smull
    Participant

We purchased Event Calendar Pro. So far, it’s pretty good. We were very disappointed when we realized if wanted to filter the calendar we had to buy another plugin. Oh well, I guess we should have looked a little closer. Anyway, we see that in order to filter by category we need filter bar. However, we want want a drop down menu on our main WordPress navigation that is called Events with the following choices in the the drop down: Adults, Teens, and Kids.

The question is, can we link directly to those filtered objects?

Don’t want to purchase this if it won’t work the way we want.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi, thanks for using our plugins and you are correct the more advanced filters are found in the filter bar plugin.

I can try to help you out here.

Each filter does create a url that you could use as a link.

However, the Events Calendar already has category views so you can link to them without the filter bar.

For example if I have a category called meetup I have a link on my site to show the event views (calendar, list, map, etc) here:

http://yoursiteurl.com/events/category/meetup/

You can get those links and then in the WordPress Menu add them as custom links.

Does that help?

Mike Smull
    Participant

Thank you for the clarification. This was exactly what I needed.

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, glad it helps, I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need any other on something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Linking to specific filters…’ is closed to new replies.