Is there a fix for the Calendar not showing correctly in month mode on iphone

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Is there a fix for the Calendar not showing correctly in month mode on iphone

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Hello,

I did a search in your knowledge base and came upon this issue from 2014. The tech said there was a new release coming out that should fix that, but it’s 2015 and I’m still seeing it. Is there a setting I need to change. I don’t love having the event calendar set to list in order to be able to see everything as that doesn’t have the look I’m after for the desktop users.

Please let me know how I can fix this. We just launched today:

http://www.stfrncis.org/calendar-events/

George
    Participant

Hey Lisa,

Can you clarify what your exact issue is? Do you mean that, on your Month View page, the calendar is stuck a bit behind the header of your site?

If so, this is unfortunately a problem caused by your theme, so there will not be something we release in an update to address this problem.

One thing that might help that we can recommend is to try placing CSS like the following at the bottom of your theme’s style.css file:

div#tribe-events-pg-template {
    margin-top: 3% !important;
    }

#tribe-events-bar {
    padding: 4% 0 1% 0 !important;
    }

I wrote that code for you after testing it a bit on your site directly; here’s how it made things look for me:

I hope this helps!

— George

John
    Participant

Thanks but that’s not what I meant. If I could send a screenshot it would be easier. When I look at the calendar in either landscape or portrait view on my iphone5, the calendar is cut off on the right side so I only get to see Sun-Tue or Sun-Wed (landscape). It won’t scroll either. I don’t want to leave the calendar in list view either as I want people to see the whole month right away and for it to look like a real calendar.

Please advise. Thanks.

George
    Participant

Hey Lisa,

Sorry my code didn’t help – these are theme design issues and not ones with The Events Calendar, so it’s hard for me to offer a ton of help, but what you said here would indeed help:

If I could send a screenshot it would be easier.

You can upload screenshots to Imgur.com and share links to those images here – then, can you also link to the exact pages on your site where these screenshots were taken?

Apologies for getting it wrong the first time; let’s take a look at your problems again and see if I can recommend some better CSS this time! 😀

Cheers,
    George

John
    Participant

Hello George,

here are the links to the screenshots you asked for that I took of the problem with the calendar on the iphone 5. I have sent a portrait and landscape view. I cannot scroll at all.

View post on imgur.com

http://imgur.com/bvDoB9W

Thanks.
    Pam

John
    Participant

Here’s a link to the entire calendar on the desktop:

http://www.stfrncis.org/calendar-events/

Pam

John
    Participant

I apologize that I did not make it clear right from the start that the problem is not with the view in desktop but only with the view in iphone (I happen to have a 5). So many people are checking sites on their phones now that this could be a real issue.

Thanks.

Pam

George
    Participant

Hey @Lisa,

Thanks for this – these issues are unfortunately mostly a result from your theme. To confirm this, would you be able to try activating a “default” WordPress theme like Twenty Twelve? Once activated, have another look at the calendar views on your phone and see if these issues persist.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Is there a fix for the Calendar not showing correctly in month mode on iphone’ is closed to new replies.