Import / export featured images between Events Calendar installs

Home Forums Calendar Products Import / export featured images between Events Calendar installs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kqed
    Participant

Hi — I tried to export and import the events between two MT Pro instances on the same multi-site network, but the featured images aren’t appearing. How should I make that happen?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I can help you out here.

If you are using WordPress’s Export and Import Plugin to transfer events you have to export and import all the content of the site. There is not way to transfer just events with featured images. This goes for posts, pages, or any other content type. It is a limitation of the WordPress Import System, by design to prevent conflicts.

The Events Calendar Itself only have a CSV Importer, which does not support featured images either.

Does that answer your questions?

kqed
    Participant

I’m not trying to limit the export to posts with featured images — I’m just trying to get the featured images imported, along with all of the other event information.

Brian
    Keymaster

Using the WordPress’s Export and Import? Or something else?

kqed
    Participant

Yes, the WordPress Export and Import

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok then we are talking about the same method then.

My answer remains the same, when you use WordPress’s Export if you do not select All Content the featured images will not import on the new site when you impprt. It is a limitation of the WordPress Import, by design to prevent conflicts.

So unfortunately, if you are just exporting and importing events then the featured images will not be imported.

You maybe to take the All Content XML file from the site and remove the content you do not want to import and try that.

That is about the only way to do it besides manually adding them back.

kqed
    Participant

OK, thanks for the info!

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, glad it helps, I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need any other on something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Import / export featured images between Events Calendar installs’ is closed to new replies.