How can we display the past events on the main list page below the current?

Home Forums Additional Help Translations How can we display the past events on the main list page below the current?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sakirose
    Participant

Our events are only monthly so it looks empty unless users click on previous events. How would we display the past events for at least the past 6-12 months?

Geoff

Hi there, Emily! Thanks for getting in touch. 🙂

The best way to show past events with upcoming events is to create a theme override of the template you are using and create a custom query using the tribe_get_events() function. The function works a lot like the WordPress get_posts() function, so you could use something like this:

<?php
    global $post;
    $all_events = tribe_get_events(array(
    'eventDisplay' => 'all',
    'posts_per_page' => 10,
    )); ?>

Naturally, you would want to customize this to fit your needs and layout.

Another option is to use add a filter to your theme’s functions.php file that adds past events to your list of upcoming events. That solution is outlined in this thread.

It’s a bit of customization, but I hope this points you in the right direction.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there Emily! Just checking in to see if there’s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Emily! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new a new thread. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How can we display the past events on the main list page below the current?’ is closed to new replies.