Horizontal bar needs better indication that filters are applied

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Horizontal bar needs better indication that filters are applied

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    unhinged
    Participant

We are investigating the possibility of using the horizontal layout for the filter bar on our site. We are using a vanilla version of the calendar with only minimal changes via the [Events > Settings] pages.

There seems to be a pretty significant UI/UX flaw though that is pretty disappointing. When a filter is active, there is hardly any indication anywhere that this is the case, unless the user clicks each filter category to view the filter drop downs. There is the “Reset filters” button but that is not very intuitive. If the user even notices it, it only indicates that any filter has been applied. It does nothing to communicate the state of the filters. In the screenshot below, I have set a filter for every category as an example.

Is there a way to show a “filter summary” or else any other way to indicate that a filter is applied when the bar is in horizontal mode? Should I make this a feature request?

Casey
    Participant

unhinged,
    Thanks for getting in touch! This is a great suggestion and I would definitely suggest submitting it as an idea on our UserVoice page. Our team periodically reviews the most popular ideas for possible inclusion in a future release of the plugin.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Horizontal bar needs better indication that filters are applied’ is closed to new replies.