German Translation wrong

Home Forums Additional Help Translations German Translation wrong

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    asaya
    Participant

Hello,
    There is a link in the events to “all events”, in German I can see “Alle Veranstaltung” which is wrong and looks kinda silly, it has to be “Alle Veranstaltungen”.
    From what I read I cannot change it myself?

Leah

Hi Asaya,

You can change it yourself actually. But whenever you update the plugin the newest German translation will overwrite the file you’ve changed, so you may need to do this again whenever a new version comes out.

To change the translation on your site, go to your WordPress folders and find wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lang/. In that folder you’ll see a file called tribe-events-calendar-de_DE.po. What you need to do is edit that file using a program like PoEdit. You can use this tutorial to edit the file. You’ll need to find that line in the file, change the German translation, and then save the file and create a new .mo file (as explained in the tutorial). You’ll then want to add the new .po and .mo files to your /lang/ folder, replacing the ones that were there before.

You also might be able to use a string-by-string translation plugin like Say What? to translate just that one bit the way you want it.

Good luck!
    ~Leah

asaya
    Participant

Hello,

Translation seem to be correct in this file, and I don’t find this strg anywhere else.

Maybe the amount of signs for this area is set too low?
    http://vebu-neuss.de/events/veggie-weihnachtsfeier/
    >> Alle Veranstaltung
    Thanks!

Leah

Hi Assaya,

I’m sorry, I’m not sure I completely understand your question. You said the file does look okay and is translated correctly- but maybe something else is wrong?

Best,
    Leah

Oliver
    Participant

Hi Asaya,

I found the translation issue described by you, too.

I have translated the Events Calendar and Events Community Plugin 3.2 *completely* from the scratch and sent it to Leah. She will probably integrate in the next release.
    If you are interested in the translation, just post your e-mail and I can sent you the .po/.mo-files.

Best regards from Munich,
    Oliver

asaya
    Participant

Hi Oliver,
    I don’t find an option to send you a PM, can you tell me where exactly you found it? 😀

Oliver
    Participant

Hi Asaya,

it’s located here:
    lang/tribe-events-calendar-pro-de_DE.po /.mo

I use the WordPress Codestyle Localization Plugin for the translation.
    It really a great tool and easy to handle.
    With it you should be able to find it very fast.

If you know a public storage where I can upload the files, just tell me (I found some more translation issues 😉 .

Cheers,
    Oliver

Leah

Thanks for helping out here Oliver!

andi48
    Participant

hallo oliver,
    you wrote here that you can provide the german po/mo-files.
    could you please send them to me?
    [email protected]
    Thanks / Danke! 🙂
    Hannes

Oliver
    Participant

Hello Hannes,

I have sent it to you. As Leah confirmed the translation will be part of the next maintenance release.

Best regards,
    Oliver

Leah

Thanks for sending that along Oliver! And yes, the new German translation should be available built into the plugin soon.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘German Translation wrong’ is closed to new replies.