german link translation isn't working

Home Forums Additional Help Translations german link translation isn't working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    magictigger
    Participant

see link on top left http://snag.gy/GgxjL.jpg
    when using translation it works http://snag.gy/eYqkg.jpg
    and: see translation at “Anzeigen als” there is week instead of “Woche” displayed.
    This seems to be the error. So maybe a translation-file issue!?

Many thanks.

Tigger

magictigger
    Participant

“using translation” meant I replaced “week” with “woche” manually. 🙂

Leah

Hi magictigger,

Thanks for your note. I think the problem is that you did not resave your permalinks after switching the language, so your urls were still defaulting to English. You might try just going to your WordPress Permalinks page and clicking save, and then seeing if the link works properly and displays in German. Please let me know if that solves things for you.

Best,

Leah

magictigger
    Participant

hi Leah,
    thanks for reply, but that didn’t help. 🙁
    tried to change permanlinks and back as well, but same result. 🙁
    any more ideas? 🙂
    many thanks.
    Kind,
    Tigger

magictigger
    Participant

and in the admin-section there are still translation probs: http://snag.gy/g0QmL.jpg
    maybe that goes together.. :/

Leah

Hi Tigger,

Thanks for that info. I reviewed it again and I think the issue might be that you are using an outdated translation. I have uploaded the most recent German translation files here. You’ll want to take those files and put them in the lang folder for each plugin (at plugins/the-events-calendar/lang and plugins/events-calendar-pro/lang). Make sure to replace the old German files with these new ones. That should correct most (or hopefully all) of the issues you are seeing here.

Also I noticed that your site uses the Default Permalinks option. Our calendar works best if you use one of the other “Pretty Permalinks” options. Switching to a Permalink setting other than default will also help here.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Best,

Leah

magictigger
    Participant

Hi Leah,
    interesting, the new pro-files are smaller, but now it seems to work better. 🙂
    This issue can be closed now. 🙂
    Where the get an email/info, if anything is updated – especially translation files?
    Many thanks!
    Best,
    Tigger

Leah

Hi Tigger,

Great, I’m so glad to hear that fixed it for you!

You can check to see if there’s been a new translation in the readme.txt for each release, or in the release notes. The files I gave you will be officially released in the 3.6 version. If you ever have a question about a translation or want to update the files, just post here and we’ll help out 😀

Best,

Leah

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘german link translation isn't working’ is closed to new replies.