GeoLocation

Home Forums Additional Help Translations GeoLocation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Ruiz

Hello,

I currently own the event calendar pro and I am trying to implement a geolocation function based on longitude/latitude and so forth. I am wondering if I use a geolocation plugin (WordPress), would that be able to separate my events by whatever city or location a particular person is at the way that a geolocation is supposed to work. I am not interested in a map view. I want something that redirects to a server base to an individual’s current location. So my question would be is, Would a plugin allow the events on the calendar to be divided to whatever location it is from? Example, I have several states and cities with different events. Someone from Maine does not want to see events from New York. I just want to make sure that this will allow me to do this or does internal coding not allow it?

Cliff

Hi, Joseph. You posted in our Pre-Sales forum from a user account that doesn’t have any purchases associated with it.

We don’t answer support questions for The Events Calendar core/free or Event Tickets core/free or their paid add-ons in the Pre-Sales forum.

If you made your purchase(s) through a different user account, please login to that account and then post in one of the paid forums.

Thank you for your understanding and thank you for using our plugins.

===

Possibly helpful references:

P.S. What you’re asking for isn’t currently available, but if you had the zip code, city name, or something else from the user’s profile, you could redirect their visit to http://wpshindig.com/events/ to the URL that the Tribe Bar generates for that city, such as this for Dallas, TX: http://wpshindig.com/events/month/?tribe-bar-geoloc-lat=32.7766642&tribe-bar-geoloc-lng=-96.79698789999998&tribe-bar-geoloc=Dallas%2C+TX%2C+USA

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘GeoLocation’ is closed to new replies.