Filters not appearing on calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filters not appearing on calendar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Just downloaded Events Calendar Pro and Filter bar today. Have entered licenses, been through the primer and set my settings. What I don’t understand is in Filter settings all my filters are set to show on the Calendar:

Available Filters

Event Category
    Cost ($)
    Tags
    Venues
    Organizers
    Day
    Time
    Distance

yet some like Distance, Tags and Event Category are now showing.

At this stage, I only input one event (which I made up!) but it includes the organizer and venue so why are those filters not showing.

I also did a search at the top for events in Triangle, VA and nothing showed up, yet that one event is listed in Triangle, VA. What is stopping it showing?

I had already created a page in WordPress called Calendar which is where my events calendar will live. Under General Settings I changed the default slugs for the following:

Events URL slug – calendar
    Single event URL slug – events

Is that ok? Maybe that has nothing to do with this.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks, from a noob!

John
    Participant

The Search is working by the way. I was putting Triangle into the Search box rather than location! Still need an answer for the filters not showing though. Thanks.

Geoff

Hi Lisa, thanks for getting in touch! Sorry for the trouble here with filters.

Filters will automatically hide if there re not available options to filter by. So, for example, if non of your events have been categorized, then the categories filter will not display. I looks through a handful of your events and didn’t see any categories, so perhaps that’s the reason.

The distance one is understandably a little confusing, but it will display once someone has searched for a location in the search bar above the calendar. For example, try searching “Triangle” in the “Near” field and you should see distance in the list of filters. That gives the Filter Bar something to measure the distance against.

Does this help clarify things a bit? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

John
    Participant

Thanks that worked! 🙂

Geoff

My pleasure! Feel free to hit us back up if you hit any other questions Thanks for your support. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Filters not appearing on calendar’ is closed to new replies.