Filters Default State – always Open

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filters Default State – always Open

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

Since upgrading to 3.7, whether I check the Filters Default State of Closed or Open, they always appear open. I recall this option working in the previous version.

Barry

Hi!

I’m not sure what might have changed to cause this – certainly I don’t see the same thing locally and nor have I seen other users complaining of this.

Would it be possible to run through our standard troubleshooting steps?

• Please ensure The Events Calendar and Filter Bar are up-to-date
    • Deactivate all other plugins
      • If you are using/were using caching plugins, please follow the author’s instructions on completely disabling these and merely deactivating them doesn’t guarantee that the effects of caching will stop immediately
    • Switch to a fresh, unmodified copy of a default theme such as Twenty Thirteen
    • Does the problem still occur?

Let’s say for the moment that solves the problem: the next step is to reactivate everything one-at-a-time, testing at each stage to see if and when the problem returns.

This is a great way of potentially isolating any conflicts … can you give that a go and let me know the results?

Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Yes, it works as expected for me locally (albeit it is sometimes necessary to clear the browser cache, since the filter state – either open or closed – can otherwise persist regardless of that setting, however this is expected behaviour).

Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

I set it to closed and cleared the cache, but it still displays as open. We’ve decided to let this go rather than do the troubleshooting steps with the theme and plugins, since we prefer the default state to be open anyway.

Barry

OK – in that case I’ll close this thread out – but please do feel free to create a new one at any time if you wish to revisit this (and potentially to avoid disruption perhaps we could troubleshoot on a test site instead).

Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Filters Default State – always Open’ is closed to new replies.