FILTERS BETA: Comments

Home Forums September 2013 Filters Bar Beta FILTERS BETA: Comments

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Leah

Even if you don’t have a bug to report, we’d love to hear what you think of the plugin. Are you and your users finding the plugin useful? Is it easy to use, both in the back-end and on the front-end? Is there anything you found surprising or disappointing? Anything you wish was different? Anything you really love?

Please share your thoughts below!

Harris

The filters do not work with my theme for what I figure is the same reason the widget previously did not work. The bar appears, but selections do not filter. The cost filter does not have any options. I tried other themes and the filters do work and the cost filter does have options. With other themes, a new URL is loaded after an animation. There is no animation or URL loaded with my present theme.

Even if it did work with my present theme, filtering is too slow for frequent use. This may be due to hundreds of recurring events, but the filter should only be filtering the events for that display (day/month/etc.). It should be instantaneous like other filters.

mattsokoloff
    Participant

Aside from the minor issues I’ve come across it’s great and a much needed feature for most event sites. I do have one minor concern and that is that it’s not clear to the user what the difference between the standard search bar vs the advanced. When both are collapsed it is a little redundant to have two ways to drill down into events. For example “Date” is technically a filter but is under Find Events yet category is under “Advanced. Screenshot: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/34d95ca0-33ee-4523-abd9-ade1626eb4d6/48d6499311e93268244b3b14583b733e

I also think it would be great if the title would rewrite based on the filters selected so it would say “Upcoming Events [Category] Events that cost [cost] happening in the Morning”
    I know this is not easy logic due to the variety of filters but maybe even starting with a couple? It’s useful for when you link someone to a hardcoded url search for them to know what they are looking at. This already happens when searching by Date.

Thanks for yet another great plugin!

Thomas Dexter

Everything seems to be good so far for me. The one thing I’d like to see is a better ‘tag’ front end UI, as mentioned in another post. Being able to ‘type and search’ and x out tags like the jQuery Select2 plugin allows would be ideal. People who are using select2 or similar could even implement this themselves if you gave the option to output a semantic multi-select box instead of, or in addition to the dropdown/list of checkboxes.

Another issue with the original filter/search bar which doesn’t seem to apply to the new filters is that when you load a hardcoded URL (or use querystrings for other functions) the Next/Previous buttons do not maintain the querystring… For example, ‘/events/category/categoryname/’ will pre-filter a category but then clicking next/previous will result in unfiltered results for the next month. As well, if I append a querystring for other functions the next/previous buttons remove it for subsequent views. An option to ‘preserve querystrings’ would really help in settings. In the meantime, using the news filter plugin ‘?tribe_events_cat=categoryID’ works and is preserved as it uses the new filters bar filtering instead of the original filter method that has the issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘FILTERS BETA: Comments’ is closed to new replies.