Filter Not Working Properly

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Not Working Properly

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dexlinx
    Participant

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Click on an event to view the event page
    2. Click on “All Events” to go back to list
    3. Click Location and choose Los Angeles

It only shows one event. If you clear the filter and then re-filter by Los Angeles it shows all events.

Leah

Hi dexlinx,

Thanks for your post, and for including those detailed instructions to reproduce. I was able to see the behavior on your site. Normally I’d also want to look for that behavior on my own site to confirm. But it looks like you have done some custom work on the filters to make that Location filter. Can you give us some more information on your customizations? We can’t always help with complex custom work like this, but we may be able to help pinpoint the problem.

Best,

Leah

dexlinx
    Participant

Under Events -> Filters -> Event Category I changed the Title to Location.

Everything else is standard.

Leah

Hi dexlinx,

Thanks for confirming- I was able to test with a similar situation. However, I couldn’t recreate what you’re seeing. The next step is to look for a conflict caused by another plugin. Can you please deactivate all plugins except The Events Calendar and Filter Bar, and see if the issue persists?

Thank you,

Leah

dexlinx
    Participant

I disabled all the plugins and the issue persists. I’ll leave them disabled for a short time so you can see.

Leah

Hi dexlinx,

Thanks for checking this out. I’m still not able to replicate it on my test site, but I can definitely see it happening on yours! I’m going to have one of my co-workers take a look at this and see if we can troubleshoot a little deeper. He won’t be able to respond tonight, but he’ll be in touch tomorrow. Thank you for your patience while we get to the bottom of this!

Best,

Leah

dexlinx
    Participant

I’m wondering if we’re any closer to a resolution. I really like this plugin and don’t want to start looking for another. However, I’m a bit stuck at this point.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy dexlinx,

I am experiencing a different issue on your site. Is that now what you are seeing as well? I can not get the Category/Location to work at all.  When I select one of the options it says no results. This is likely a theme conflict I would say. It is obvious that your are running a variant of the 2014 theme. Would it be possible for you to grab the stock 2014 theme from the WordPress zip and see if that causes the Tribe plugin to stop misbehav’n?

If disabling the theme fixes it, we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict. Do you have any theme overrides for the Events Calendar? If so could you try disabling them by renaming your [themename]/tribe-events/ folder to ‘tribe-events-bak’. Did that fix it? If not, then one of your modifications to theme is causing a problem

If the issue persists in the default 2014 theme, then we have a different set of debugging steps. Please keep the 2014 theme enabled, and also disable any plugins other than the ones from Modern Tribe to see if that fixes it. If it does, please try reenabling the plugins one at a time until the issue resurfaces. When it does resurface, can you let me know which plugin caused that to happen?

Please pardon my delayed response here. I am very sorry. I have been moving between countries. I thought I would have internet far more often than I did. Let me know if anyone of the above helps us to isolate the source of this problem. I am definitely not seeing any similar issue with the stock 2014 theme on my install.

– Brook

dexlinx
    Participant

I did those steps and no fix. However, I started to wonder about the URI code and watched it change as I did the filters. My problem was fixed by removing the Cost filter. So, there is either something wrong with your cost filter or the data in mine is causing problems. Suggestions? BTW, I’m not sure it would matter; but I have mostly $0 events with one that actually costs something.

Brook
    Participant

So just to be clear, you are saying that when you go to WP Admin > Events > Settings > Filters, and place a check next to “Cost”, that is when it starts behaving oddly?

I am able to get that exact configuration to run fine on my test server. I am not sure what is unique about yours, but this is definitely not an issue I’ve seen before with any other users.

– Brook

dexlinx
    Participant

That’s correct. I don’t really have time right now to figure out why so I’m going to do without. If I had to guess, I would say it might have something to do with null values in that fld. I hesitate to mark this as resolved; it’s not. But I’m fine with the work-around for now.

Brook
    Participant

If you want to just come back round to this within a couple of weeks that works too, I will certainly be here. After two weeks the topics autoclose though, so you may need to open a new one.

In order to further diagnose we are going to need to keep taking your website closer and closer to the stock environment, until it finally works. The stock environment is really the 2013 theme, only Tribe plugins are installed, and the default settings/data. For most people with this sort of issue running the 2014 theme and just Tribe plugins fixes it, that is close enough to stock. For you it seems like we might have to go even further. I would be very curious to see if the issue persisted in 2013. Not that we don’t support 2014, but it does have some very minor visual issues (not functionality like this particular thing) that we are going to release fixes for soon.

If you have a chance to do the above at any point in the next couple weeks, please let us know the result. While we have not seen this issue before, and I am unable to reproduce, it would be nice to know if we can fix it in case anyone else experiences it in the future. Thanks!

– Brook

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Not Working Properly’ is closed to new replies.