Filter "keyword" and "location" are not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter "keyword" and "location" are not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    artssd
    Participant

When I try to search events using these two options, they do not bring up 99% of the events listed.

For example, for location I tried “Rapid City” in the “near” filter and only had two events pop up. But if I use the “narrow your results > city > Rapid City” option, they all come up.

If I search the “near”, 2 events come up for Rapid City.

If I search by “city” 16 events come up for Rapid City..

If I search by “tags” 11 come up for Rapid City

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Shari,

I have tried it out on your site, and I am seeing a difference between what shows using the “near” field in the search bar and the “City” filter in the filter bar, as you described. The “Tags” filter will depend on if the specific tag is checked on each event.

Can you check a few things for me?

• Do you have a valid Google Maps API key installed?
    • On one or more of the events that are not showing up using “Near,” navigate to the event’s venue settings and try checking “use latitude and longitude” and saving. Does this change whether the event shows up?

Let me know about these two things.

Thanks,
    Sky

artssd
    Participant

Yes, we have an API key installed.

Changing lat long did not change it. However, I only selected the box, I did not enter the Lat/Long myself. I tried this for the “New Sioux Indian Museum Exhibit to Feature Artist Jimi LaPointeā€¯ event listed.

Shari Kosel
    Program & Communications Director
    Arts South Dakota
    PO Box 2496
    Sioux Falls, SD 57101
    605-252-5979 ext. 1
    http://www.ArtsSouthDakota.org

Submitting an arts event? Try our new events calendar! Submit your event using this link. https://artssouthdakota.org/calendar/

Sign Up to receive weekly Arts Events in South Dakota emails & periodic arts advocacy updates and alerts!

JOIN US May 4-5 in downtown Sioux Falls for the South Dakota State Arts Conference! Information and registration can be found on our website. artssouthdakota.org

artssd
    Participant

The lat/long entry method seems to be working. I will close this thread for now. Thanks for your advice, Sky!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by artssd.
    Sky
    Keymaster

Shari,

Great, glad that helped!

Let us know if you have any questions or issues in the future.

Take care,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter "keyword" and "location" are not working’ is closed to new replies.