Filter Events by Venue City

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Events by Venue City

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Francesco Rametta
    Participant

I would like to filter my events based on the Venue-field “City”.
    I took the Venue Filter as a startingpoint but I got stuck at the point where the filter should actually return the corresponding events.

Thi is my code so far:
    http://pastebin.com/itXE9Y62

Please help

Barry

Hi there klikensteen,

That looks like a great start 🙂

I’m afraid though that custom development tasks like this are really something we have to leave in your hands – the best idea is to look at the code of existing filter classes and model your own work after those.

Good luck!

cpulidoa
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying the same and I got stuck at the same point.
    I think the problem due to no retrieve results is because the _VenueCity value is a meta from the post type ‘tribe_venue’ and not form the post type ‘tribe_event’.
    The key is from _VenueCity get the ID post form his tribe_venue, and then get the ID from the tribe_event from the meta ‘_EventVenueID’ that connect the event with the venue post.
    The problem that I have is also in the setup_query_args() funtion.
    Here, like in your case, I get the diferent cities but when I try to make another query inside this funciotn to get the event ID, the search crash and seem don’t work.
    Maybe is also your problem. Finally you get a solution to complete your script? I am aslo very interested in found a way to do this.
    Greetings

Barry

It’s been a while so I’m going to close out this topic out (it’s also out of the scope of what we can officially help with, I’m afraid) – but if anything else crops up definitely feel free to create new topics as required 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Events by Venue City’ is closed to new replies.