Filter by year or month or previous/upcoming

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter by year or month or previous/upcoming

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ite
    Participant

Hey,

How can we use the filter bar to filter by year and/or month, and also by previous/upcoming events?

Cliff

Hi.

You can select which year and month you want to view when using the regular Tribe Bar. Filter Bar is not needed to do this.

You can see a demo of this at our demo site: wpshindig.com (screenshot)

Please let me know if this clarifies things for you or if you have any follow-up questions.

Thanks!

ite
    Participant

Hey Cliff,

Alright, thanks. What I want to achieve is a set of dropdowns, that can work independent of each other, and with ajax, like the filter bar.

So, one drop down has the months, and by default they are connected to the current year. When you pick one, the list view filters the list with events from the relevant month.

The same goes for the year-drop down.

Is this possible to achieve using standard methods? I’ve tried to outline a method of achieving something similar in your documentation, but it’s a bit tricky to use, since there are very few examples.

Cliff

I can point you to https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-custom-filters-for-filter-bar/ but beyond that we’d be in custom development territory, which we don’t provide, per our Scope of Support / Terms.

If there’s a code snippet you’d like me to put some eyes on or something else I can help you with, please update this ticket or create a new ticket if it’s a separate issue.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter by year or month or previous/upcoming’ is closed to new replies.