Filter Bar will not stay open; will not open at all in mobile view

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar will not stay open; will not open at all in mobile view

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Po Go
    Participant

2 problems with Filter Bar 3.9.0 (w Events Calendar Pro 3.9)

#1. Filter Bar will not accept ‘open’ as a default state, and
    #2. Filter Bar in mobile flashes open and immediately closes.

To debug, I have:
    #1. disabled all plugins
    #2. switched to the TwentyFourteen and TwentyFifteen theme, clearing browser cache as appropriate, and
    #3. deleted the Filter Bar and uploaded a newly downloaded copy.

(I have made NO customizations to the calendar.)

The TwentyFifteen theme solves the problem of the disappearing Filter Bar in mobile view. However, the default state of ‘open’ still cannot be achieved in desktop view, even with TwentyFifteen

The conflict with the mobile state is w the Genesis theme framework.

The problem with the default state of ‘open’ not working is present with the TwentyFifteen theme activated and all plugins deactivated.

Of course, Filters Default State is set to ‘Open” in the settings panel.

To reiterate: 2 separate problems.

Po Go
    Participant

This reply is private.

Po Go
    Participant

Don’t understand why it says above that “This topic is marked as closed to new replies.”

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello sorry for the issues you are having. I can help troubleshoot your 2 issues. See my response below:

#1. Filter Bar will not accept ‘open’ as a default state,

So when you visit the site the Filter Bar is not open? I visited your site and it was open by default. Is that what you are trying to have?

#2. Filter Bar in mobile flashes open and immediately closes.

Have you checked on a mobile device? On my iPhone looking at your site the Filter Bar works, but if I shrink the browser window it does not. Please test the site on a mobile device as that is the correct environment for everything to function correctly. I have noticed this happen to on my sites, not sure why it does not work in my desktop browser when reduced in size to a mobile device.

Don’t understand why it says above that “This topic is marked as closed to new replies.”

Might be a bug in the new forum, looks like it still accepts replies though.

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Thanks

Po Go
    Participant

Oh, this is great, Brian!

I see that the filter bar is in its open state in Safari – problem is it is NOT open in Chrome!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hmm… Opened the site in Chrome too and it worked.

Also tested in Opera, IE11, and Safari. They all showed the Filter Bar Open.

Are you able to test your site in Chrome on a computer you have not used before to look at it? If you clear the cache in Chrome does it still show closed?

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

Po Go
    Participant

Hi, Brian. Problem is that it is sometimes open in Chrome. Sometimes. lol.

Brian
    Keymaster

Yeah I tried again on another computer and it has remained open every time in Chrome or any other browser.

Not sure what else we can do. I am on the look out if other customers are reporting the issue and having the rest of the team take a look as well.

I will let you know if we find anything.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar will not stay open; will not open at all in mobile view’ is closed to new replies.