Filter Bar Theme Conflict, but What?

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar Theme Conflict, but What?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cityparksfoundation
    Participant

Hello – I’m having an issue with the Filter Bar functionality in my custom theme. The FB is there and displays all of the desired filters, but when you click on one Filter category’s checkbox, it checks, but then goes dead and you can’t uncheck the one you’ve checked, nor can you check any other filter categories. Here is a link so you can see what I mean:

http://qa-cityparksfoundation.flywheelsites.com/events/

Upon switching to WP’s twentyfourteen theme, the FB works as it should. I replaced our custom header.php with the twentyfourteen header.php, but no luck. I tried the same thing with footer.php. There are no scripts in the body of the One Column template I’m using to house the Events page, so there shouldn’t be any conflicts there. I also disabled all plugins and got the same erroneous behavior.

I am stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having.

I can help troubleshoot them with you.

I took a look at your site and see this error in the console:

TypeError: pcontent is null
    http://qa-cityparksfoundation.flywheelsites.com/wp-content/themes/cpf.sd.custom.full/scripts/js/dddropdownpanel.js
    Line 118

Fixing that error in your theme should enable the Filter Bar to work.

Let me know if that resolves the issue or we can go from there to resolve this.

Thanks

cityparksfoundation
    Participant

Hi, Brian –

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately taking the script in question out altogether doesn’t fix the issue. This particular script was added manually rather than via a plugin, so replacing the custom theme’s header.php with twentyfourteen’s header.php would have eliminated this script’s culpability.

Any other ideas? Thanks again!

Brian
    Keymaster

The error is still showing for me in Firefox and Chrome.

In Chrome the error is this:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘style’ of null

As long as that error is happening the Filter Bar will not work.

Changing headers may or may not remove the script it could and should be registered in the functions.php of the theme.

Does the error go away entirely if you change themes?

cityparksfoundation
    Participant

Sorry, I put the script back in. I’ve taken it out now so you can have a look. The FB does work properly when I switch to the twentyfourteen theme. But I can’t for the life of me figure out what in the custom theme is breaking it.

Brian
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

cityparksfoundation
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

tutinom
    Participant

I am having this same problem. I have narrowed it down to the theme causing this problem not a plugin conflict. This is a theme I purchased.

The site url is: http://fairportbaptisthomes.org/fbevents/

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi tutinom,

Sorry for the issues you are having.

I am limited in the support I can provide on Theme Compatibility issues. I can help narrow down the problem, but may not be able to provide coding to resolve the issue.

I took a look at your site and the Filter worked for me.

However, I did see this error that maybe causing issues.

You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.
    https://maps.gstatic.com/maps-api-v3/api/js/20/2/main.js
    Line 60

If you are still having issues after fixing that it is best to start a new ticket so we can help you one on one. However, if you post back here I can help out too.

Thanks

tutinom
    Participant

Thanks Brian,

I was able to work around it by turning off the search bar and adjust a few other things in the settings.

Mike

Brian
    Keymaster

I am glad to see you were able to figure it out.

I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar Theme Conflict, but What?’ is closed to new replies.