Filter Bar shows up but does not filter

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar shows up but does not filter

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve checked the Testing for Conflicts guide. After some testing, it looks like it’s a conflict with the theme. I’ve disabled all the plugins but the issue still exist.

After switching to the default 2017/2016/2015 theme, looks like it’s working. However, I am unable to find out what the conflict is. I’ve attached the console screenshot.

debug-console-theme-issue-01 is with the theme issue.
    debug-console-theme-issue-02 is not with the theme issue.

When selecting the different filters on the Filter Bar, nothing happens. Then you’re not able to select the option again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Geoff B.

Good evening Peter and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the filter bar not kicking in with your theme.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Since it looks like the issue is theme related, could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Additionally, would it be possible to get credentials to see past the password protection of the staging site ?

Hang in there,
    Geoff B.

Peter
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Peter. Reason: Added missing info
    Geoff B.

Good evening Peter,

Thank you for writing back and for the files.

Based on the Google Chrome Developer tools console, the following script seems to be causing a Javascript error that breaks the filterbar.

/**
    * Slide right instantiation and action.
    */
    var slideRight = new Menu({
    wrapper: '#o-wrapper',
    type: 'slide-right',
    menuOpenerClass: '.c-button',
    maskId: '#c-mask'
    });
    var slideRightBtn = document.querySelector('#c-button--slide-right');

slideRightBtn.addEventListener(‘click’, function(e) {
    e.preventDefault;
    slideRight.open();
    });

My recommendation would be to try to remove the script temporarily from your theme and see if that fixes the issue. It seems to be present in the header.php file and the custom.js file

Ideally, you could customize your theme to add a conditional so that this specific script is not loaded when on tribe-events pages or archives.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Peter
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Peter
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Peter
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Peter
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Peter,

Thank you for your patience.

I believe my colleague Brooks actually suggested to also include WordPress’ built-in JQuery version, not to necessarily to remove your theme’s version completely.

As you can guess, we have to stick with what WordPress provides. In fact, we work very hard at sticking to WordPress coding standards and practices.

Since your theme steers away from those practices, you are left with a few options:

1. Try declaring both jQuery versions in your theme (which might cause some conflicts – so make sure to test thoroughly). But it’s worth a shot.
    2. Try declaring scripts in a conditional manner. In other words, your jQuery version should not be declared on Calendar related pages and archives

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar shows up but does not filter’ is closed to new replies.