Filter Bar On Mobile- not opening and/or filtering

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar On Mobile- not opening and/or filtering

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    eandp
    Participant

The site/plug ins look great on desktop and tablet (ipad) and all work well, but when i try to view the site on my iphone or another mobile device (i.e. windows phone) the filter bar does not fully open/function and just half opens/hangs. It’s as though there is a block on how far the bar can open.

Site is:
    http://www.eventsandplaces.co.uk

I’m using twenty thirteen theme and have no other plug ins except the modern tribe ones associated with the calendar ie:
    -Events calendar
    -Facebook events
    -Filter Bar.

I’ve also tried clearing my cache on my iphone and reloading site but still problem persists.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Probably worth noting my wordpress skills aren’t the best!

Casey
    Participant

eandp,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. I noticed that you’re running the 2011 theme, which is quite old and not officially supported by our plugins. Would you mind temporarily switching over to the 2012 theme (or 2013 or 2014) and see if things display better with one of those themes?

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

eandp
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Thanks for coming back. Have tried both 2014 and 2013 (currently on 2013) but still having same issue. Again, no additional plug ins are running.

Thanks

Casey
    Participant

eandp,
    I’m seeing something in your page source that’s injecting some custom styles. Something called ‘stylesplugin.com’. Are you 100% sure that all other plugins have been deactivated, and no other code customizations have been made to this theme? I’m seeing the issue on your site, but am unable to replicate this particular issue in my own testing environment while running the 2013 theme.

If you could double-check that for me, then I can continue investigating if the issue persists. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

eandp
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Sorry didn’t think having the styles plug in installed would be a factor- have just deactivated and deleted this plug in.

Now I have just, Events Calendar, Facebook Events and Filter Bar plug ins installed and active on a twenty thirteen theme.

Have retried the site on mobile again but now the filter bar wont open at all (before was part opening but hanging).

NOTE on tablet and desktop the site/plug ins work fine.

Thanks

Casey
    Participant

eandp,
    Could you send me a private reply with a login to your site, so I can investigate further? Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

eandp
    Participant

This reply is private.

jgperrin
    Participant

Hi,
    We have the same issue on http://www.lebonloisir.com/evenements. We are using Filter Bar 3.6.2. On this website we are using Pagelines Framework theme.

Did you find a solution?

Casey
    Participant

eandp,
    After logging into your site and taking a quick look around, I realized that you had some malformed HTML in your ‘Add HTML before content’ field (screenshot). You wouldn’t have noticed this code unless you switched over to the ‘Text’ tab of the editor. After removing that code, the filterbar is now displaying correctly for mobile devices on your site again (screenshot).

Please review and confirm that the issue is now resolved on your end as well. Thanks! 🙂

jgperrin,
    If your issue is the same as the above please do feel free to monitor this thread, but if you need assistance for your own specific scenario it would be great if you could create a fresh thread of your own. Thanks!

-Casey-

eandp
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Thanks for removing the malformed HTML. Although when I’ve just tried to view the site on my iphone the filter bar still doesn’t open? removing that HTML doesn’t seem to have fixed it?

Thanks!
    Tom

eandp
    Participant

Hi again Casey,

Apologises for the double post but have just downloaded the Google Chrome App for my iPhone and noticed that the filter bar works fine on this. It appears to be an issue with just Safari for iPhone.

To clarify:

Safari; the filter bar on safari through a desktop/laptop/iPad works fine, but through iPhone does not work.
    Also the day headings within the calendar do not display properly when viewed through iPhone, appear to overlap- so could be a compatibility issue/glitch for Events Calendar on Safari too?

Google Chrome; Filter Bar works on all devices (i.e. iPhone, iPad, laptop / desktop). The Events calendar headings also view fine through all devices on this too.

Maybe there’s a Safari specific glitch?

Thanks
    Tom

Casey
    Participant

Tom,
    Would it be possible to send some screenshots from your device, so I can see the issue in action? Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

eandp
    Participant

Sure, so this is the calendar view when I view on Safari on an iPhone; http://grab.by/zSDo

This is the view when I try and click on the ‘show filters’ box in Safari on iPhone (it just reloads and takes me back to the top of the web page); http://grab.by/zSDA

Casey
    Participant

eandp,
    I just had one of my support teammates try to replicate your issue using the latest version of Safari (on mac and an iPhone 4S), while visiting your site and they weren’t able to. Is it possible that you could test on a couple of different devices to see if the issue is still occurring elsewhere? Also, is it possible that you’re logged in on these devices while testing? Maybe try logging out as a regular visitor and see if the issue still persists?

Sorry that I’m not much more help than that, but this is definitely a bizarre issue as we weren’t able to replicate what you’re seeing. Give those suggestions a try and let me know what you discover. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

eandp
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Worked out how to fix this. Logged on to the backend via my phone and realised the filter bar was set to ‘closed’ (despite being open on the desktop back end).

Anyhow this has fixed it on my phone and appears to be working on all other devices too (ipad and Mac).

Thanks for your help with this over last couple of days. Good product and service from you guys, so cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar On Mobile- not opening and/or filtering’ is closed to new replies.