Filter Bar not working with my theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar not working with my theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dovetail
    Participant

I just bought the Filter Bar, installed it, and configured it, but it’s not appearing on the /events/ page.

Per another thread on this forum, I have tried a default theme (Twenty Seventeen) and the Filter Bar does appear there. However, when I switch back to my custom theme, the filter bar does not appear.

I tried removing the “tribe-events” folder from my theme root to eliminate any customization but the bar still does not appear. What other troubleshooting steps can I take to narrow down the issue?

I would like to create a minimalist custom template so that I can get it to work, then fold in my modifications gradually so I can identify what’s making it not appear, but I don’t understand how the events page gets built so I don’t know how to do that.

dovetail
    Participant

I tried clearing out the header, footer, and functions file in my theme, but that only resulted in an ugly, unstyled version of the event list, still no custom filter bar… just the default free one with date and keyword search.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Can you also try testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins? If you would prefer not to do this on your live site, WP Staging will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing. Let me know what you find!

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar not working with my theme’ is closed to new replies.