Filter bar not working after update approx. 8/22/17

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter bar not working after update approx. 8/22/17

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Technology Team
    Participant

H,
    We’ve had some issues over the last week with Event Calendar and the Filter Bar. Around August 9, we had a notice that Events Calendar Pro was out of installs suddenly and none of the recurring events on our website were functioning properly. So we disconnected the license from the demo site and updated the license, etc. and that seemed to solve the problem. Then on Monday, August 21, we suddenly had another warning, this time for the Filter Bar- it was also out of installs and the last event that was created kept defaulting to the main event page with the month calendar. It simply won’t go to its respective event page even if we type in the url manually. Unbeknownst to us the filter bar plugin was being used for free so we purchased a license and ran an update and now our filter bar will display on the page but none of the categories or types- i.e. the filter objects we want people to use, are visible on the page. Everything was working just fine until the “out of installs” error occurred. We’ve updated, rolled back, updated again, deactivated plugins and nothing seems to fix the problem from a conflict standpoint. We have a bar.php file in our theme/ modules folder that is calling the tribe_events_filter_view_do_display_filters form function and apart from layout customization the code isn’t appreciably different from the plugin file filter-view-horizontal.php that does the same thing- and it was working just fine.

If I disable bar.php the filter bar doesn’t show at all and we get the default Event Calendar search bar even with the Events Calendar Filter Bar plugin enabled. Our events page slug is different from the page where our events display and when I go directly to the slug url I can see the filter category dropdowns just fine and select one (but not both) but once I hit the submit/filter button it doesn’t return any filter results, the page loads the last event page item in the calendar instead. Again everything was fine until the filter bar “out of installs” issue. I’ll include our error log and the bar.php file in a private reply. Would really appreciate some advice or info on any known issues. I’m probably missing something simple. Thank you!

Technology Team
    Participant

This reply is private.

Technology Team
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello TechTeam,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m sorry you are having this issue with the filter bar. I’ll do my best to help you fix this.

It looks like you have some customizations in place and a custom theme, and in the error log I see some errors unrelated to our plugins as well.

To rule out any issues coming from these please deactivate and non-calendar plugins and switch to a default theme like twentyseventeen and see if that changes anything.

I see that you have deactivated plugins before. However, your theme might contain customizations – related or not – to our plugins, which might have an influence on this. This is why it would be useful to test with a default theme.

If everything is working well like that, then you can start reactivating the theme / plugins one-by-one and see if any of those have a negative impact.

If the theme already is causing an issue, then I would recommend to remove all calendar related customizations, including template overrides, which can be found in the /wp-content/themes/[your-theme]/tribe-events/ folder.

It looks like that the Bar override is for an older version (4.3.5) of the plugin and some code might have changed since then, and this might be causing the issue. Switching theme and / or removing the customizations will help us uncover this.

Let me know what you find. Looking forward to helping you fix this.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter bar not working after update approx. 8/22/17’ is closed to new replies.