Filter bar name button

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Filter bar name button

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alice

Hello,
    I just purchase the Avada Theme with the events calendar plugin.
    On my events page, I have a little problem with my button “Afficher les événements” located on the filter bar.
    The title must be too long, the button isn’t showing properly, like shown in this captur : http://i.imgur.com/Na5o521.png
    How could I fix this issue ? Is it a premium feature only ?

Thank you,
    Alice

Andras
    Keymaster

Salut Alice et bienvenu dans le forum,

Ok, I will not strech my French, but nonetheless, I’m happy to help you with this one.

No, that is not a premium feature, that is a language feature. 🙂 In English the button says “Find Events” which is much shorter than “Afficher les événements”, and the French version simply doesn’t fit by default in the button.

There are 3 things you could do.

1. Edit the translation to show a shorter version. For this you will need to edit the “wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\lang\the-events-calendar-fr_FR.po” with a suitable software like PoEdit. Search for the string “Afficher les %s” and change that to what you would like. Note: this change will be most likely lost after a plugin update.

2. You can make the font smaller so the whole text fits. For that you will need to add the below CSS snippet to your theme’s style.css file:
    #tribe-bar-form .tribe-bar-submit input[type="submit"] {
    font-size: 10px;
    }

3. If you are NOT using the pro, then you can try to make the button wider with this CSS snippet:
    #tribe-bar-form .tribe-bar-submit {
    float: right;
    margin-left: initial !important;
    width: initial !important;
    }

Let me know which one worked for you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Alice

Hi Andras,
    Thank you for your answer.
    Yesterday I found how to change the text to just “afficher” but I think it would be better to have the whole sentence “afficher les événements”.
    Your third solution worked like a charm!
    Thank you

Andras
    Keymaster

Bonjour Alice,

Superb, I’m glad I could help out.

I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need help on this or something else please open a new one. We’d be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter bar name button’ is closed to new replies.