Help Desk

Filter bar is set to be open on page load, but it isn't

Is there a glitch? I have set the filter bar to open on page load in the filter settings. But when I open my page in a browser the bar is closed and says “Show Filters”

Is there a way in the php files to make sure the filterbar is open on page load?

I changed these lines in the settings.php file (/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-filterbar/src/Tribe) folder.

'events_filters_default_state' => array(
    				'type' => 'radio',
    				'label'           => __( 'Filter Bar default state', 'tribe-events-filter-view' ),
    				'default'         => 'open',
    				'options' => array(
    					'closed' => __( 'Stay collapsed until visitors open it', 'tribe-events-filter-view' ),
    					'open' => __( 'Show on initial page load', 'tribe-events-filter-view' ),
    				),
    				'validation_type' => 'options',
    			),

but the page load still has the filter bar defaulted to the closed state. Basically I changed ‘default’ => ‘closed’ to ‘default’ => ‘open’

Hi Gregory,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, can you update all of your Events Calendar related plugins to their most recent versions and see if that helps?

Also, you should test this functionality in a private browser window, since Filter Bar can retain the settings in your history and cache.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Yes, that worked. Thank you so much.

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!