Filter Bar Freezes Site

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar Freezes Site

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Hay
    Participant

Hey all…

I have a couple of sites that are having an issue with loading events from the filter bar.

When selecting categories, etc. with certain event results, the spinning wheel never stops in what appears to be an AJAX failure.

EXAMPLE:

https://ca.achievecentre.com/workshops/category/public-workshops/

Most of the filters return results fine, but selecting Winnipeg (Manitoba) will freeze up the plugin and return nothing.

Any ideas what could be breaking this?

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Joshua,

When you created this thread you said that you are currently on the version 3.8 of our plugin, can you update to our latest version? Than test it again, if it continues, please reply and I will try to debug it further with you.

I would like you to try one more thing before getting back to us, because it seems that the default WordPress AJAX URL is throwing an 404 error it most likely is your server blocking the request in some way shape or form, so I would try to also talk to your hosting to see if they have anything in place that might block that page.

My Best Regards,

Joshua Hay
    Participant

Hey Gustavo,

I doubt hosting would be an issue, as this is a sporadic and somewhat rare yet reoccurring problem.

I updated T.E.C. to 3.9.1 and, after disabling some functions.php code, got everything running again. The filter bar is now loading events, but AJAX doesn’t seem to be an option any more. Is this done intentionally? I now need to click “Search” beneath filters now, where I previously just clicked on a filter option to load results live.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Joshua,

It might have been disabled on the options panel, can you check on your Plugin Settings page if the option for AJAX is active?

My Best Regards,

Joshua Hay
    Participant

I have checked “Use Javascript to control date filtering”, if this is what you were referring to.

TEC Settings

I also just noticed that clicking “Next Events” and “Previous Events” has started adding /list/ to the URL but not actually loading new events.

Joshua Hay
    Participant

Also, I’m getting the following javascript error in my console log:

Uncaught ReferenceError: debug is not defined

tribe-events-pro.min.js?ver=3.8.1:12

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Joshua,

So if you are still getting this bug I think it’s related to one of the plugins (Pro) not been updated to the correct version it seems to be on the 3.8.1 version can you double check and update it to the version 3.9.1

My Best Regards,

Joshua Hay
    Participant

Thanks Gustavo,

I wasn’t aware there were updates to be made, but I installed all of the new plugins for TEC, TEC Pro, and Filter Bar.

Still, the page is staying stuck on the loading wheel when I try to filter results or click on “Next Events” / “Previous Events”.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Joshua,

I tested here on my Chrome and It’s looking good, try to empty your Browser cache to make sure you are testing on the right files.

My Best Regards,

Joshua Hay
    Participant

Sorry Gustavo,

I forgot I was on the development site testing this. I cleared my cache but no luck.

http://ctri.hellowebsites.ca/workshops/category/public-workshops/

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Joshua,

I’ve done some testing and found out that your sever has bug with the ZLib compression, and that’s been noticed on the AJAX request.

<b>Notice</b>:  ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in <b>/home/helloctri/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php</b> on line <b>3092</b>

So if you disable the WP_DEBUG on this server or lower the level of Error reporting you will be able to do these requests.

Can you check and if it doesn’t solve reply and I will try to debug it further.

My best Regards,

Joshua Hay
    Participant

Awesome, it’s working now.

This issue also happened on other sites that did not have wp_debug on…

Do you know any other reasons off the top of your head that might cause this problem?

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

First I’m very glad it’s working again.

I would that there might be a plugin, something on your server or theme that had the <b>E_NOTICE</b> level of errors been shown on screen.

I can suggest you to take a look at the wp-config.php file exemple for that on the Codex, which points how to ensure that your Errors are printed to a Log file instead of the screen, which as you already saw can cause problems.

If you want to debug, you can also use Debug Bar a plugin that will help you with that.

As you said, the issue is resolved so I will close the thread and mark the correct answer.

My Best Regards,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar Freezes Site’ is closed to new replies.