Filter Bar does not appear to be collapsing even when set to intially be

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar does not appear to be collapsing even when set to intially be

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bethmindy
    Participant

The filter bar is set to be initially collapsed when horizontal but it does not appear with the standard Show Filters. It says Narrow Your Results Collapse Filters Reset Filters

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi bethmindy,

I took a look at your site and see what you mean. I can help you troubleshoot this and get it resolved.

I did notice your plugins are not up to date. Could you please update them all to 3.8 and see if that helps.

Also, are you using a custom template for your main event page or any other page?

Let me know if you can update and about the custom template and we can go from there.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I also noticed the body class is missing in the theme. Is it possible you can add that in?

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/body_class

Thanks

bethmindy
    Participant

Thank you for your assistance Brian I updated to the current versions and updated the body tag and the show filters now appears but it seems awfully tall is there a way to make it less tall I did not see an css attached to that section. Also on another note I added a a custom view of the loop-grid.php by adding a directory tribe-events/views/loop-grid.php to my theme but it does appear to recognize it I was trying to have the Days of the Week show as their abbreviations is that not a file that can be templated?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad it is working and yes it does look a taller than normal.

The css is the same in the Event Calendar.

I found if I added this to this div it fixes the issue:

.rightinner {
    overflow: hidden;
    }

It looks like it is something to do with the leftinner and right inner being floated.

Let me know if that works.

Custom Template

Also on another note I added a a custom view of the loop-grid.php by adding a directory tribe-events/views/loop-grid.php to my theme but it does appear to recognize it I was trying to have the Days of the Week show as their abbreviations is that not a file that can be templated?

Try adding it in this directory instead:

youtheme/tribe-events/month/loop-grid.php

You can consider the /tribe-events directory/ in the theme almost as a replacement for the /views/ directory in the plugin, almost but there maybe differences 🙂

Let me know if you run into any problems.

Thanks

bethmindy
    Participant

Brian, thanks so much my Show Filter issue is resolved but the loop-grid.php issue is strange it shows my changed template in a flash and then it goes back to the default loop-grid.php for the events calendar.

Brian
    Keymaster

Glad one thing is fixed!

Could you post the code into a pastebin for the loop-grid.php  and reply with the link here and I will see if it works for me.

Thanks

bethmindy
    Participant

This is the only line I changed in the loop-grid.php code – Line 26 the last <?php echo from echo $day to <?php echo $wp_locale->get_weekday_abbrev( $day ); ?> <th id=”tribe-events-<?php echo strtolower($day) ?>” title=”<?php echo $day ?>” data-day-abbr=”<?php echo $wp_locale->get_weekday_abbrev( $day ); ?>”><?php echo $wp_locale->get_weekday_abbrev( $day );?></th>

Brian
    Keymaster

I am sorry I tried that coding, but it does not come across well in the forum so it is full of errors.

This first part here:

“<?php echo from echo $day to”

Has a open php tag and “from” and “to” are not a php function so that broke it for me.

Please post the coding in pastebin or as a gist which formats the coding correctly and then I can take a look.

However, this is a customization and not much more support we can provide on this in the forum, but I will take one more look if you like.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Also have you tried using this coding instead from our tutorial:

https://theeventscalendar.com/change-days-of-the-week-to-abbreviations-in-month-view/

bethmindy
    Participant

Hi Brian, Yes this is what I did originally and was trying to paste to you – https://theeventscalendar.com/change-days-of-the-week-to-abbreviations-in-month-view/ and it doesn’t seem to show for some reason. It shows for a second and then its like it gets overwritten by the default template.

Brian
    Keymaster

Oh my bad. Sorry about that. I am on the same page now.

I played around with the coding and got this to work:

<th id="tribe-events-short-<?php echo strtolower($day) ?>" title="<?php echo substr($day, 0, 3); ?>"><?php echo substr($day, 0, 3); ?></th>

See if that works for you.

Thanks

bethmindy
    Participant

Brian thanks so much that worked. All my issues have been resolved.

Brian
    Keymaster

Good News! I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need any other on something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar does not appear to be collapsing even when set to intially be’ is closed to new replies.