Filter Bar disappears on mobile / help ID'ing theme conflict

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar disappears on mobile / help ID'ing theme conflict

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sean Sullivan
    Participant

Hello! My Filter Bar is disappearing, and I can’t tell why. I’ve isolated it to being a theme conflict, and I’m looking a nudge in the right direction to diagnose the problem.

On mobile (iPhone): Filter Bar flashes on page load, and then disappears.

On Chrome/Safari/Firefox: Filter Bar appears on first page load. If you shrink/narrow the browser window, and then re-expand the screen (e.g., as if you’re testing the responsive view), the Filter Bar disappears. Clearing the browser’s cache will fix the problem, but it disappears again if you shrink/expand the window.

I’ve isolated it to a theme conflict, as the Filter Bar works as expected with the Twenty Fifteen theme.

I’ve used Firebug to check my Console for errors, and haven’t found any. I’ve tried removing all scripts from my header.php and footer.php, but no luck. And I’ve cleared the media queries from my stylesheet, in case I’ve got a stray display:none somewhere.

I bet it’s something stupid simple, I just can’t find it. Thanks so much.

(My TEC is at my-site-url.com/calendar)

Geoff

Hey there, Sean! Sorry this issue is coming up.

First off, nice work identifying the conflict is with the theme. That really helps and I appreciate you taking that step. 🙂

I’ll do my best help, though it’s tough when the issue is on the theme side of things and it’s slightly outside the scope of support we provide here.

Do you happen to have Javascript minification enabled somewhere that adds the responsive menu scripts? I see a lot of inline scripts in the source code for the responsive menu and I’m wondering if that’s where the conflict is occurring. Is it possible to strip those out and see if there’s a difference?

Cheers!
    Geoff

Sean Sullivan
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the quick reply!

You know what? Your message somehow prompted me to check my customized template files in my theme folder. Once I changed /tribe-events to /ztribeevents (so TEC wouldn’t recognize it), the site’s working fine. So I must have made an error in my template files that mucked it up.

Great product, great support. Thanks again.

Geoff

Rad–nice work! That would definitely help explain why switching themes also resolved the issue. Thanks for confirming and following up. 🙂

Feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up as you dig through the customized templates and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar disappears on mobile / help ID'ing theme conflict’ is closed to new replies.