Filter Bar Conflict with Avada Theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar Conflict with Avada Theme

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    fellowship-website
    Participant

I see that the Avada theme is on your list of supported themes, so I just purchased and installed the plugin on my dev site.

However, the filter bar does not appear to be working properly.

I am using WordPress 4.9.5 and Avada Theme 5.5.1.

A link to the events calendar with the filter bar is here: http://dev-fm.jtfarrell.com/events/

I have the dynamic CSS/JS in Avada theme disabled. No other cache plugins or tools are currently running on the site.

The “Collapse Filter” and the “Reset Filters” links do not work.

If I do not show the filter bar on page load, the Show Filters button does not show the filter bar. This goes for horizontal and vertical, and I have tried all three theme/look presets in the Events calendar settings.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support. Sounds like a conflict. Can you try testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins? If you would prefer not to do this on your live site, WP Staging will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing. Let me know what you find!

Thanks,
    Brendan

fellowship-website
    Participant

Hi,

I had already disabled all plugins prior to contacting you to confirm it
    was not an issue with another plugin. After disabling all other plugins,
    the problem still persists.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Unfortunately I am not able to duplicate this using the same version fo Avada and WordPress ( see my dev setup here: http://54.175.39.73/events/ ). I see there is a console error with jquery. Are you using a child theme and was any additional jquery added to the functions.php file? There is definitely a conflict somewhere.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks,
    Brendan

fellowship-website
    Participant

That was it. There is a stray jquery string added in the Avada options.
    Thanks!
    Justin

Brendan
    Keymaster

Glad you found it!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar Conflict with Avada Theme’ is closed to new replies.