Filter bar breaks mobile functionality

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter bar breaks mobile functionality

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sophia woodward
    Participant

Hi,

I am working on a development site that uses the calendar plugin, the pro plugin and the filterbar plugin.

The filterbar breaks the functionality of the calendar when it is viewed on phones. On some other mobile devices, like tablets, the filterbar and the calendar work fine. But on phones, the days of the week are displayed in full (monday vs. mon) and clicking on a date does not list the events, as it should.

I have tried deactivating every plugin and reverting to the twentyfourteen theme and using previous versions of all of the three calendar plugins, but in every combination, the only way to get the mobile calendar to function as expected is to deactivate the filterbar. This problem essentially makes all three plugins unusable for us.

Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Cliff

Hi. Sorry you’re experiencing this, but I could not replicate this when testing on my own local development site.

Could you please share your full System Information report and any screenshots or video screencasts to show what you’re experiencing?

Thank you.

sophia woodward
    Participant

This reply is private.

sophia woodward
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for all that information. Regarding:

The big issues are as follows:

1. the days of the week are displayed in full(“monday” instead of “mon”)
    2. clicking a day does not load the events for that day (this is the main problem for us)
    3. there are no next or previous month buttons

I didn’t find Filter Bar in effect at http://www.vpi-inc.com/event-calendar/

===

Therefore, I’ll address each item from my local testing site.

1)

We did have this issue before, but it was fixed in Version 4.1.1. I’m not experiencing it on my iPhone 6 on my local testing site or at our Demo Site.

We did recently update to version 4.2.1 so please update all your Modern Tribe plugins.

2)

Again, I’m unable to replicate this behavior at our Demo Site on my iPhone 6.

3)

This is a known issue with this CSS fix in the meantime:

#tribe-events-footer .tribe-events-sub-nav {
    height: 100px;
    }

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release. I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

===

Since I wasn’t able to replicate all of the issues you’re experiencing even when at a WordPress default theme and no other plugins active or code customizations in place…

First, update to the latest versions and see if things are then working for you.

If not then fixed, would you mind enabling WP_DEBUG and sharing any PHP errors you see while navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket?

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

sophia woodward
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for providing the demo version of your site. Based on that I was able to figure out what the problem was. I was testing the calendar in on my iphone (5) using “private mode”. It turns out everything works perfectly fine as long as the browser is not in private mode.

FYI, private mode also breaks the functionality of your demo site calendar when I test it. I’ve included a screenshot.

It would be nice to have this issue fixed, but I don’t consider this critical. You can probably set this as resolved.

Thanks.

Cliff

Great find. Thank you very much for sharing.

I’ve passed along this additional information to the developers in the form of a separate bug ticket.

Thanks again for your help and your patience as we leave this thread at Pending Fix for the time being.

Geoff

Hey there,

We wanted to follow-up to let you know that we were able to patch this up in The Events Calendar 4.2.2, which is now available to download and install if you haven’t done so already.

Please do be sure to check out our release notes for a full overview of what’s new in the release and feel free to let us know if you run into this or any other issues after the update.

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to inform you that we’ve just published a series of updates to our products that fixes a number of issues.

We’ve fixed the Private Browsing-related issues reported here.

Learn more about this release—version 4.3.3—in the official release notes here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-3-3-event-tickets-4-3-3-premium-plugins/

Thanks for your patience while we fixed this!
    George

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter bar breaks mobile functionality’ is closed to new replies.