Events Category

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Events Category

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m sure this is an easy thing to do but I can’t figure it out. I want to have the Event Categories next to the phrase “Organized By”: on the following page. Could you help me?

Wesley

Josh
    Participant

Hello lifeactionministries,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

For clarification, it sounds like you’re using the “Event Categories” feature to manage organizers for your events? In this case, on the single event view you would like the “Event Categories” title for those links to be changed to “Organized by”?

If this is the case, you can get this customization by following our Themer’s Guide and copying the modules -> meta -> details.php into your current theme. You can then change the title for the “Event Categories” by changing the “label” value for the “tribe_get_event_categories” starting on line 101 of that file.

Let me know if I’m understanding your request correctly and if this information helps.

Thanks!

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your help. I just tried your recommendation. The page shows Events Category: on one line and then on the next line I get the * Summit. Here is the page link http://events.lifeaction.org/team-schedule/. It is the correct information, but it is not formatted correctly. I want everything to show up on one line right below the event. So on the map list view it needs to say Event Category: Summit. Could you help me with this?

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hello lifeactionministries,

Thanks for following up with us.

An alternative approach to get the layout that you would like would be to remove the “tribe_get_events_categories()” function completely from that section and replacing with a manual “Event Categories: ” followed by the “tribe_get_event_taxonomy” function. Within the args for the function, you can replace the “before” & “after” with empty strings and change the separator to “, ” to get the display you’re looking for.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Category’ is closed to new replies.