Event Tags Display and Implementation Issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Tags Display and Implementation Issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dancepapi
    Participant

Hello,
    When an Event Tag is clicked on and user is brought to that specific tag page the layout is funky and displays the events in reverse chronological order. The developer helping me with setting up the site wrote me:

“Regarding http://wpdev.io/dancepapi/tag/bachata-2/ This is a bug with the plugin. The way they have the tagging system setup, is instead of creating their own tag taxonomy (like they do with categories) they use the WordPress one that is designated for blog posts. Because they do this, the tagging pages use the default WordPress tag templates (which we arenโ€™t using), instead of using their own nice layout like they do for the event categories (eg http://wpdev.io/dancepapi/events/category/live-music/). Iโ€™d recommend not using tags with events and instead just use categories.”

Is this something that can be addressed?

Best,

Ariel

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, dancepapi. Great question! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m sorry to hear that your developer sees this as a bug. This is a very intentional design decision on our part. We wanted to have some unified way to group events along with the other content on your blog.

It sounds like the issue would be resolved if you modified the tag templates in your theme. Is that going to be an issue for you? If so, would using categories, rather than tags, be a solution?

dancepapi
    Participant

Hi Kelly,
    Thank you for the explanation. I’ll look into either modifying the tags or using categories. Thank you!

Kelly
    Participant

You’re most welcome, dancepapi. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to help! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tags Display and Implementation Issue’ is closed to new replies.