Event not showing as country was missing from venue

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Event not showing as country was missing from venue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

I had published an event “Buoys & Burlap Vintage and Handmade Marketplace, Yarmouthport (Cape Cod), MA” on my site guidetovintage.com

It was not showing however in the list in this page: http://www.guidetovintage.com/events/
    I entered “Massachusetts” in SEARCH and no results were found.
    I then entered “Buoys” in SEARCH and no results were found.

I finally figured out what the issue was; the country was not selected for the venue. Once I fixed that, the event shows up correctly,

My questions are:
    1. why was the event not listed regardless? Why did the “country” in VENUE prevent it from being listed?
    2. And why did the event not appear when I searched using words that are in the event name?

Is this a bug? I am now worried the COUNTRY is missing from more events and thus not showing.

As always, thank you and happy long weekend!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Gisela Nilsson.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Cliff.
    Cliff

Hi Guidegirl (cool name).

In order to be geocoded, the Country (and then State/Province) should be set.

If an Event’s Venue information (displayed below the Event Description on the Event Single pages) displays a Google Map, the Venue should have geocoordinates saved (and therefore be eligible to work with location-based searches).

I hope this information helps. Let me know if I can be of further assistance on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event not showing as country was missing from venue’ is closed to new replies.