Event Countdown not working on Events page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Countdown not working on Events page

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Barry

Hi!

Thanks for your patience so far. I’m sorry I don’t have too much to report just yet – but wanted you to know this is still on our radar and like you we are keen to progress it as quickly as we can. Currently we’re just waiting out on a response from the Headway team.

I’ll update you again as soon as I can πŸ™‚

Barry

Thanks for your patience so far.

I’ve repeated the same test as before (but with Headway 3.7.10 – thanks to the Headway team for helping out there) however I remain unable to replicate. As before, perhaps there is some key detail or setting I’m missing? Here’s what I propose:

• Can you set up a test site (where we are able to login and make changes etc)
    • Add only our plugins plus Headway
    • Nothing else should be added at this point – configure the countdown widget and check to see if you can replicate the same issue within the main events page
    • Please reply with a link so we can observe this and also a login so we can do some further testing/figure out what the critical differences are between your setup and ours

If that’s doable and you don’t mind us troubleshooting on the test site we can hopefully figure things out from there πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Margaret Tehan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks – I can replicate this now! You can collapse your test site and kill the credentials you provided (or indeed feel free to keep them around a while longer, to test out my proposed solution).

So generally in the WordPress world it’s expected that themes will include something called a wp_footer() call and this should almost be the last thing that is sent to the browser. One of the things plugins like ours use this for is delivering Javascript code – needed, for example, by our countdown widget.

Headway does indeed include a wp_footer() call but it calls it before the countdown widget is set up. The countdown widget then tries to add some Javascript in the footer – but the opportunity has passed, as wp_footer() has already been called.

This fairly skeletal child theme show a simple way of working around this; would you be able to upload it to your site and try it out?

Barry

…Another “less extreme” thing to try is simply changing the template in Events > Settings > Display to Default Page Template. I appreciate you may have good reasons not to use this, but its just possible that will give you an easy, straightforward solution without resorting to a child theme or other approaches.

Margaret Tehan
    Participant

Wahoo!!! πŸ™‚ It’s working now Barry. I thought I’d try the easy solution irst… changing display to Default Page Template. That worked. I’m all set now. When you say that you think I mkight have good reasons not to use this solution, what do you mean? The Default Page Template and the Default Events Template look the same to me.

Barry

If it’s all good for you then that’s great – sometimes though we suggest people toggle the default template setting and for various theme-specific reasons (sidebar positioning and other things) it’s not the ideal fit they’re looking for. On other occasions, like this, there’s no issue whatsoever (which of course is fantastic!).

I’m glad it’s all working for you – and will go ahead and close out this thread. If we can help with anything else though please do create a new thread and one of the team will be only too happy to assist.

Last but not least, we’re always keen to hear from our customers over on our plugin review page and would certainly love to hear about your own experiences with The Events Calendar. Thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Countdown not working on Events page’ is closed to new replies.