Event Cost Disappeared

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Event Cost Disappeared

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    art8
    Participant

Hi,

I am using Events Calendar Pro and just purchased and installed the Filter Bar add-on.
    Somehow after doing that, the event cost on all events failed to show up in the admin view (still displayed perfectly in the frontend. I tried deactivating the new add-on but it didn’t help.

I then found this post
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cost-no-longer-showing-since-activating-eventbrite/
    I have added the snippet to my functions.php, that was recommended buy support, after installing EventBrite (I haven’t done that) and it has solved my problem and now Event Cost is an option again.

So, it’s solved but I have no idea why it happened in the first place. A bug I guess?

Barry

I’m glad it’s solved 🙂

This is actually intentional: different ticketing plugins handle cost data in different ways and, basically to avoid confusion, the cost field is then deactivated (but it’s possible to restore it as you have done).

We’re not at all opposed to changing this though if we get a sense that that is what most people would like – and you can post your request (if you want to make one) on our UserVoice page 🙂

Thanks!

art8
    Participant

Thanks for your reply – Can I ask why it would automatically remove the option of adding/editing a price to events in the admin area just because you have installed a filter bar for the front end users?

At the very least should it not say “Cost is disabled by default when using Filter Bar add-on – See this page for details [link]”?

Anyway, add-on is great albeit with a few little quirks 🙂

Barry

Can I ask why it would automatically remove the option of adding/editing a price to events in the admin area just because you have installed a filter bar for the front end users?

Simply to avoid user confusion … at least I understand that was the original intention – in practice I can definitely imagine not everyone would see the value and as ever we’re open to feature requests for items like this 🙂

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Cost Disappeared’ is closed to new replies.