Event Catergories – expose as buttons?

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Event Catergories – expose as buttons?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

i am interested to use filters as a high level filter and really want to filter my whole calender by type of driving activity (which is our busienss – we’re a racing school) I have 6 principal event types and would like to expose these as checkboxes (or buttons) laterally and without the user having to drop down “event category” i.e. have this menu as default open.

is their any way to do this?

filters are installed and operating here –

https://simracewaydrivingschool.com/events/

…….thanks for completing this feature its an awesome addition.

Barry

Hi @jonathanhaswell,

It’s very customizable and basically follows the same pattern as our other plugins: views can be overridden and customized and there are actions and filters aplenty.

In terms of switching away from a dropdown (select element) you can without any further coding work change this to display as radio buttons (visit Events → Settings → Filters and open the Event Category item). Would that work for you?

Christopher
    Participant

Hey guys, I’ve just installed this on my dev-site and can confirm that you can indeed have radio buttons on a ‘per catagory’ basis and therefore you’ll be bale to do exactly as you require, Jonathan.

It’s a brilliantly done plugin and was worth the wait!

Barry

Excellent, thanks for the feedback @Christopher 🙂

Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

Hi
    you know i didn’t quite get it to work for me as envisaged due to the fact that regardless of dropdown or checkbox, the options are presented vertically and only after hitting “sort by” . I’m looking to create a series of horizontally presented buttons that filter the calender by the 12 or so categories of events we offer.It woudl also be nice to consolidate these filters with the “view as” options.

However, it sounds as though I’ll be able to commission some custom work to achieve these changes, so I’ll get to that next week and let you know how i fair.

Barry

We’re doing a little housekeeping and I’m going to go ahead and close this thread as it’s fairly old at this point!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Catergories – expose as buttons?’ is closed to new replies.