Elimninate two-step dropdown menu

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Elimninate two-step dropdown menu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jochun
    Participant

I’m using a drop-down menu on my filter bar; is there any way I can get rid of the double dropdown effect (see screenshot)? At present, I have to click twice to bring up the menu I want to see; can I eliminate the first one that appears? Surely it should be a one-step process, especially as I’ve paid $89 for this functionality?

Thanks in advance!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Joanne!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with this topic.

That seems to be a theme or plugin conflict. I see you are using the Avada theme, which I know they customize our plugins templates. Could you please switch to the Avada parent theme instead of the child theme and see if any difference?

I see you have tried the following:

• Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    • Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you happen to notice a difference when deactivating all other plugins or switching to a default WordPress theme, like Twenty Seventeen? What happens if you try deactivating all plugins and switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme together? Do you notice a difference then?

If you see no difference in those conditions, then we’ll need to do some deeper troubleshooting

Please let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

jochun
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your response. After some tweaking in Filter.php, I’ve managed to eliminate the double pop-up menu effect. Now I just need help to either re-size the dropdown menu or better align the text within it – see attached screenshot – you can barely see the word ‘Select’ within the dropdown.

I’ve used the Inspector mode on my browser (Firefox) to try and identify the correct element, and have tried numerous CSS tweaks but with no luck. I *think* the class I need to amend is ‘select2-chosen’ but I’m not certain. Please help!

Thanks again,
    Jo

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jo!

It’s great to know you could work that out. I can see the dropdown in your site and it looks good to me now. Did you manage to align the text in it? Let me know about it.

Just a note on the Filter.php file. I’m not sure how you tweaked it, but bear in mind that you should not modify the plugin files directly. If you used the available actions and filters in there it would be fine though.

Best,
    Victor

jochun
    Participant

Yes, I managed to fix it – it was in my global CSS file; I just changed the line height.

I’m about to open another thread though, sorry!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jo!

Glad to know you could solve it! Thanks for letting me know about it.

I’ll close this thread now. You are welcome to open a new topic when needed 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Elimninate two-step dropdown menu’ is closed to new replies.