[ticketed] dropdown / checkbox inconsistency for tags

Home Forums September 2013 Filters Bar Beta [ticketed] dropdown / checkbox inconsistency for tags

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Dexter

I’m not sure this is a bug so much as an inconsistency… But should the ‘tags’ have the option for ‘dropdown’ so that it can be turned into a Select2 box as well?

My site, and I’m sure numerous other, has about 300 actively used tags and 300 checkboxes is a bit of a UI nightmare – it seems like typeable/filterable Select2 (which is already being used on others) would be most logical on tags if anything.

Leah

Hi Thomas,

I’m not really familiar with Select2, so I’m not sure what you mean. Although I can definitely see how having 300 tags would be really difficult for a user! Is one of the filters already behaving the way you’re hoping tags will?

~Leah

Thomas Dexter

Hi Leah:
    No it doesn’t look like the other filters are working that way – they’re using either a single select dropdown or checkboxes for multi select. So this may be more of a feature request. (I know, not what this forum is intended for, so no worries)
    In either case, the issue/feature would be that multi select filters such as tags/categories etc… Should, or at least have the option, to use a multi select HTML element (semantically proper for multi select options) instead of a list of checkboxes.
    Thanks,
    Thomas

Thomas Dexter

As a side note, all that would have to change is for them to add the ‘multiple’ attribute to the dropdown select element that is currently being used for the dropdown capable filters. (and then adding that capability to tags as well)

Volvo
    Saab
    Opel
    Audi

Thomas Dexter

<select multiple>
    <option value="volvo">Volvo</option>
    <option value="saab">Saab</option>
    <option value="opel">Opel</option>
    <option value="audi">Audi</option>
    </select>

Leah

Thanks Thomas. I’m going to bring this up for consideration.

~Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘[ticketed] dropdown / checkbox inconsistency for tags’ is closed to new replies.