Distance Filter Not Showing On Desktop Or Mobile

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Distance Filter Not Showing On Desktop Or Mobile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

As requested I disabled all of the plugins and changed the theme to Twenty Fourteen – no luck. The problem is the filter on the event page does not display the “distance” option.

Trouble shooting items…

1) I made sure that the distance filter is checked in the Events Settings.

2) Tried both “Dropdown” and “Radio Buttons” options.

3) Rearranged its order in the filter list.

Here is the page with the issue: http://staging.doingdenverforless.com/events/

Geoff

Hi there, Adam! Welcome back to the forums and thanks for getting in touch. 🙂

Sorry for the trouble here, but I think there’s a fairly simple explanation. The Distance filter is only active if there is known location to gauge it against. So, for example, if I was to search for an event on your calendar in the Denver, CO area, then the Distance filter would be revealed.

Does that help clarify things a bit? I know that can be a little confusing up front but hopefully this helps provide a better explanation of how the filter works.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Adam
    Participant

Oh! That makes sense… I originally thought maybe it accessed the user’s location through cookies or IP address.

Do you find that users discover this feature fairly naturally or do you know of common verbiage/features site owner’s normally include on the site in order to direct them to this function.

If you find that users just sort of figure it out on their own, that sounds good to me! You can then close this ticket.

Thanks again for all your help! I’ve really been enjoying your plugin and add-ons.

Geoff

Hi Adam, thanks for following up! Man, I’m so glad this helped–and thanks for the kind words about the plugins. 🙂

Yeah, we find this is discovered pretty naturally. That doesn’t mean it’s perfect though. In fact, if you have ideas for how this (or anything) could work better, we’d love to hear about them in our UserVoice forum. We track new feature requests there and it would be great to see your ideas.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but do please feel free hit us up with a new one of anything else pops up–we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Distance Filter Not Showing On Desktop Or Mobile’ is closed to new replies.