Distance filter not appearing after a search term is entered

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Distance filter not appearing after a search term is entered

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    irishrunner16
    Participant

Hey guys. In the Filter Bar, when a search term has been entered, the Distance filter does not appear. It only appears after the user clicks “Find Events” to run a search. (I’ve confirmed this on a clean install as well)

It seems like this could be a bug, because the new user primer states “(specific distance will be controlled by the “Distance” sidebar filter, which appears once a “location” search term has been entered).” I’d also expect the Distance filter to function as the primer states…that is, to display the Distance filter option as soon as a search term is entered in the location field. Otherwise, it’s really causing the user extra work to have to click “Find Events” once if they actually want to customize their search distance from the start.

Would you be able to confirm if this is a bug or if the new user primer is incorrect? If the primer is incorrect, is there a snippet that will get the Distance filter to display all the time (before a location is entered) so that the search will be a bit more streamlined for the user?

Thanks,
    Sean

Barry

Hi Sean,

I’m not sure that it’s a bug or that the primer isn’t just a little vague.

I definitely understand what you’re saying, though, and while we don’t have a snippet to offer up here I’ll certainly log this as something we should consider improving (in terms of the actual Filter Bar behaviour) as what you’re saying makes perfect sense.

Thanks!

irishrunner16
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Ok thanks for the info. Appreciate you adding it to the backlog!
    Sean

Barry

No problem!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to update you here. We were not able to fix this issue in time for our upcoming release (3.6). However, it is still very much a priority and we plan to work on it for a future maintenance release. We will keep you posted on our progress. Thank you for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah

Nico

Hey,

Although this report is veeeery old, I’m happy to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 22th January 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-22-january-2018/

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Distance filter not appearing after a search term is entered’ is closed to new replies.