Display issue with filter bar

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Display issue with filter bar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    heatherkitching
    Participant

Hi guys,
    Another question: when I try to set up the filter bar, it breaks the display on my page. http://www.rootsmusic.ca/events/

The vertical display squashes the calendar sideways to the point of being unreadable. The horizontal display simply doesn’t drop down when you click on it.

Sorry, but I’m not willing to deactivate all my plugins and disable the theme just to check for a conflict. I’m in the throws of building audience right now, so I can’t afford to break the site to see what’s not working. I need your help to figure this one out using the system info.
    Thanks!
    h

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry that you’re having a hard time getting Filter Bar to display correctly, but I’ll be happy to help you out with this!

I took a look at the page you linked to in a couple of different browsers, but everything appears to be showing up nicely on my end (see screenshot). Are you seeing something different on your end? If so, can you please send me a screenshot and tell me what browser you’re using?

For the horizontal display, if the bar is not opening when you click to expand it, then this is very likely due to a Javascript conflict with your theme. You can check for Javascript errors by right-clicking on the page, clicking “Inspect”, and going to the console. Try recreating the issue, and if you see any errors, please copy/paste them here.

However, you can also go to Events > Settings > Filters and set the “Filter Bar default state” option to “Show on initial page load”. This will have the bar open by default when users first land on the page.

Can you give this a try and let me know what you find?

Thanks,

Jennifer

heatherkitching
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,
    I’ll test for javascript errors next time I’m doing some night time work (can’t break the site during the day).

The reason you can’t see the problem right now is because I’ve disabled the month-view and I’m using the vertical search bar, which works fine. The horizontal search bar is the glitchy one. The vertical is fine, but I can’t use the vertical with the month view because it breaks the calendar display.

I’ll let you know what I find out when I check the javascript situation.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for clarifying! If you don’t have a testing site already, I would recommend the free WP Staging plugin, which will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing. This way, you won’t have to break anything on your live site 🙂

heatherkitching
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,
    Thanks so much for the advice and sorry for taking so long to reply. I’ll give this a shot and let you know if I have any more problems.
    h

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Heather,

Were you able to get this worked out? If there is anything else that I can help with, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Display issue with filter bar’ is closed to new replies.