Developer Guide: Adding a Custom Filter to the Filter Bar

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Developer Guide: Adding a Custom Filter to the Filter Bar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sean
    Participant

Hi,

First of all, really digging the new The Events Calendar site. Great job!

We want to add a custom filter to our Filter Bar (allow users to filter by one or more states, e.g. California, New York, etc.). Although there are various posts on this topic, it doesn’t appear that any definitive guide is available.

I’m not asking for an in-depth guide, but can you guys please provide an overview for how a developer could get a custom filter added to the Filter Bar (specifically, the files involved)? That would be a huge help as it would allow the developer to get into coding quicker without having to spend time determining which files are involved with such a project. Thank you.

Barry

Hi Sean,

It looks like we are indeed planning on delivering a knowledgebase article to help people customize Filter Bar – I’m unsure if that’s going to have the level of detail you are seeking, though.

Do remember you can always post feature requests for things to be added to our website (and knowledgebase) – they don’t have to relate to plugin changes – so if you’d like to post a request and give an example of the sort of details you are seeking here we can definitely do our best to oblige if it looks like others are also seeking this sort of resource 🙂

tribe.uservoice.com

sean
    Participant

Great, thanks Barry. Good to know that support-related doc requests can be posted to UserVoice. Also, do there happen to be any ETA on that knowledgebase article?

Barry

I dont believe we have any particular ETA for it, I’m afraid.

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Developer Guide: Adding a Custom Filter to the Filter Bar’ is closed to new replies.