Day Filter results off by one day

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Day Filter results off by one day

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

We have Events Pro and Filter Bar both version 3.6, just recently installed. If I select Saturday with the day filter events on Friday are displayed; Sunday filter shows Saturday, etc. We haven’t made any custom changes, just used settings from the admin. Any idea what could be wrong? You can see the problem here: http://www.tsinai.com/events/2014-08/

Barry

That is odd.

The first thing I’d like to check on is if another plugin – or your theme – might be conflicting. Can you try deactivating everything except for:

• The Events Calendar
    • Events Calendar PRO
    • Filter Bar

And additionally switch to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Thirteen and let me know if this persists?

Assuming it does not continue at that point, can you start reactivating everything and test at each stage to see if the problem has returned (this might help to figure out what exactly is conflicting, if indeed there is a conflict).

Thanks!

Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

Since this is a live site I used a maintenance mode plugin so the public would not see the site while I was testing. I then did what you suggested: deactivated all the other plugins, and switched to the theme Twenty Thirteen. Unfortunately with all the plugins deactivated and using Twenty Thirteen (and also tried Twenty Eleven theme), I had the same problem – whichever day I select, the previous day is the one displayed. After this, I noticed the 3.7 upgrade and applied it to Events, Events Pro, and the Filter Bar. It did not fix the problem either.

Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

I found a temporary “work around” which resulted in the day filter now working correctly: in TribeEventsFilter_DayOfWeek.php I changed the numbers 1-7 to 2-8 in this code:
    protected function get_values() {
    $day_of_week_array = array(
    ‘1’ => __( ‘Sunday’, ‘tribe-events-filter-view’ ),
    ‘2’ => __( ‘Monday’, ‘tribe-events-filter-view’ ),
    ‘3’ => __( ‘Tuesday’, ‘tribe-events-filter-view’ ),
    ‘4’ => __( ‘Wednesday’, ‘tribe-events-filter-view’ ),
    ‘5’ => __( ‘Thursday’, ‘tribe-events-filter-view’ ),
    ‘6’ => __( ‘Friday’, ‘tribe-events-filter-view’ ),
    ‘7’ => __( ‘Saturday’, ‘tribe-events-filter-view’ ),
    );
    Is this a clue for what might be an error in our database? This may not be relevant, but we did have the All-in-One Event Calendar Plugin installed previously. It was deactivated when the Events calendar was installed. All-in-One Event Calendar is now uninstalled, not just deactivated.

Barry

I wouldn’t have thought any old data in the database would interfere in this case; can you confirm what your end-of-day cutoff setting currently is (via the Events Settings screen)?

Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

I just checked it – the end-of-day cutoff is 12:00am. I don’t think I changed it from the default.

Barry

Thanks for your patience!

I believe there may be a minor bug here – but the fix is, hopefully, pretty straightforward. Can you visit the Events > Settings screen and simply save that page (you need not actually change any settings, though).

If you then refresh your main events page/month view, does this resolve the problem?

Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

Yes, that fixed it! I’m so glad it was simple… Thanks for working with me on this.

Barry

My pleasure, our apologies for the inconvenience 🙂

We’ve logged this as being in need of a fix and will definitely update this thread in due course once the fix is released – however this shouldn’t be a recurring problem (unless for instance you wipe your installation and start again, or create a fresh installation – however the same easy fix should still apply).

Thanks again!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we were able to work on this issue for our upcoming 3.8 release. Keep an eye out on your site for an update announcement! If you update and are still seeing this problem, please post a new thread so we can check it out. Thank you for your patience while we got this fix in place.

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Day Filter results off by one day’ is closed to new replies.