Cost slider doesn't work on mobile

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Cost slider doesn't work on mobile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Annie Tandy
    Participant

I wanted to filter my calendar by cost to send a reader the link for all the free events going on tomorrow and the slider doesn’t work on mobile. When I try to slide it, the entire screen tries to go to the left or right (like it’s going to go to the previous webpage I viewed). Then I tried to just touch part of the slider and one of the bars would move, but not where I wanted it to. This is a problem because the majority of my readers are using the site on mobile and it’s frustrating to the point that they won’t use it. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,
    Annie

Hi Annie,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry that the cost slider isn’t working the way you’d expect it to on mobile.  As I think you’ve discovered, this does work if you touch part of the slider, although it may not be as accurate as you’d like.

In that case, I’d recommend trying to switch to a default WordPress theme, like ‘Twentyseventeen’ and test if the issue still occurs.  Alternatively, you could try switching to the “Checkbox” option and removing the slider.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Annie Tandy
    Participant

I didn’t see that selection to change it to checkboxes- thank you! Can I set the price ranges for the checkboxes? It looks like someone entered the wrong price for one of the events, so the checkboxes are:

Other
    Free
    0-672
    673-1345
    1346-2017

The “Other” category doesn’t make sense and someone must have entered 2017 in the cost field for an event, but I don’t know how to locate that event to fix it.

Hi Annie,

Great, I’m glad that the checkboxes are an alternative solution for you!  You can customize the price ranges by creating a custom filter, using the Cost Filter as a template.

Here is our tutorial with some more detailed information on how to go about doing that:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-custom-filters-for-filter-bar/

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Cost slider doesn't work on mobile’ is closed to new replies.