Close filter bar with url parameter?

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Close filter bar with url parameter?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

I’d like to keep the filter bar expanded on my site by default – so I’ve set it to stay open in TEC settings. But in certain use cases I’d prefer it to be minimized.

Is there a url parameter that can toggle that?

Nico

Hi there Eric,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I can help you here…

Basically the state of the filter bar depends on the default setting, but if the user collapses or opens the filters that last stat is stored in a cookie and will be respected while the user navigates the calendar. I guess the options here are to change the cookie or trigger the show/collapse button via JavaScript on page load event.

Do you think that might work for you? If that’s the case I can help you with a basic example of this.

Best,
    Nico

Eric
    Participant

I think that could do the trick! Any examples (or pointing me to relevant areas) would be an immense help.

Thanks a million!

Nico

Hey Eric,

Sorry for the delay on my end! Try pasting the snippet below in your theme’s (or child theme’s) functions.php file:

https://gist.github.com/niconerd/2b5cac81d3a936eb1c653ebb56395076

Once the snippet is in place it will close the filterbar on page load if the hide_filters parameter is present in the URL (for example: http://sitename/events/?hide_filters=1).

Hope this helps,
    Best,
    Nico

Eric
    Participant

That solves it perfectly! Thanks!!

Nico

Stoked to hear Eric 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Close filter bar with url parameter?’ is closed to new replies.