Change Taxonomy Names

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Change Taxonomy Names

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

Hi,

I have recently purchased the Event Calendar Pro and Filter bar plugins and have found that we are not able to filter by additional fields. I have voted on the User Voice Forum and see that it has been planned.

I am hooping to work around this in the mean time by changing the following taxonomy names:

• Tags – Age Restriction
    • Event Categories – Genre
    • Organizers – Cast

See following link: http://screencast.com/t/EqjsOUpJ

I see you can change these names in the actual filter bar, but would like to change them in the WordPress admin panel and on the individual event landing pages.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Kind Regards
    Ryan

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Also, thanks for voting on your feature within UserVoice!

For a temporary workaround, using a str_replace would probably be the best and simplest approach to get what you’re looking for. We have a knowledgebase item showing how to change the word “events” to a different string. You can use this same approach for all of the text that you would like changed on your site.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

James
    Participant

Hi everyone,

A seemingly simple question but for the life of me I can’t find an answer.

I have a menu which lists all the events by Tags,
    https://www.jamesdoylephoto.com/tag/photography-activities/

On each event there is some wording “Filed Under: Tagged With:”, followed by the tags.

I want to remove the words “Filed Under:” and maybe change the “Tagged With:” to something else.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers
    James

Josh
    Participant

Hey James,

This layout and text that you’re describing is controlled by your theme. Your best options would be to look through your theme files, checking out the “archive.php” file in particular, or to reach out to the theme developer to see if they can give you some specific guidance on how to modify this information on your theme.

Also, we ask that if you have any further questions that you open a new thread. This will allow us to provide every individual our full attention when addressing their questions. When multiple questions are followed through the same thread, certain elements can sometimes easily get lost in the fold.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If either of you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Change Taxonomy Names’ is closed to new replies.